News New Haunted Mansion Grounds Expansion, Retail Shop Coming to Disneyland Resort in 2024

mickEblu

That I agree with. Haunted Mansion Holiday is a Christmas overlay 😤

I know they feel that they’d be losing a big Halloween draw. Now of course Mansion of all attractions doesn’t need a Halloween overlay but considering it will have been absent for a year they could play up the spooky factor. Add a couple things. Bring back back the old bride. Otherwise classic Mansion will be unavailable for a year and a half if it doesn’t come back until February 2025.

Disney Analyst

I know they feel that they’d be losing a big Halloween draw. Now of course Mansion of all attractions doesn’t need a Halloween overlay but considering it will have been absent for a year they could play up the spooky factor. Add a couple things. Bring back back the old bride. Otherwise classic Mansion will be unavailable for a year and a half if it doesn’t come back until February 2025.

I’d love for them to make it spookier for Halloween Time. Heck do a Monsters after Dark and have it switch at 4pm or something.

D.Silentu

When they were proposing overlays back around the year 2000, didn't they consider an homage to 13 Ghosts where guests would receive 3D glasses and experience dimensional spirits?

VicariousCorpse

When they were proposing overlays back around the year 2000, didn't they consider an homage to 13 Ghosts where guests would receive 3D glasses and experience dimensional spirits?
eddie-stotto-concept-art.jpg

From a overly ambitious 2009 concept by Eddie Sotto for Tokyo's. The idea had individual trackless doom buggies replacing the current track and having you go into rooms and places you weren't allowed before, combined with new 3d effects. I can't imagine the sheer amount of work that would even make this even viable. Probably would be easier to tear the whole thing down and start again.

D.Silentu

I'd never heard of this, but what a fascinating take on the concept! A part of me wishes they had gone through with it, perhaps as a companion to Shanghai's contemporary version of Pirates.

Phroobar

Kind of reminds me of the Pirates of the Scaribbean concept where after 4pm, the ride boats will go down a different track right after the fort battle. Skeleton pirates would notice your boat and attack it. One skeleton was said to "jump on to the boat!"

Professortango1

That I agree with. Haunted Mansion Holiday is a Christmas overlay 😤
It works as a Halloween overlay for me. The spooky lighting, the candles, the jack'o'lanterns, the skulls and decor. It perfectly captures the fun and energy of Halloween for me. Having the regular Mansion for Halloween would feel like a missed opportunity to have this spooky attraction embrace its holiday.

mickEblu

Jim Hill has been suggesting this for a couple months. If true, what a bummer! With both Mansion and Splash out of commission, that stretch along the ROA will be lifeless.

Well at least guests will be able to take lovely night ride on the Mark Twain with no Fantasmic until May.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Jim Hill has been suggesting this for a couple months. If true, what a bummer! With both Mansion and Splash out of commission, that stretch along the ROA will be lifeless.
Ehhh.....I don't see why Mansion being down would make that area lifeless. While you won't have the line buildup in Magnolia Park, there are still plenty of people that walk that corridor who aren't actively riding Mansion. It's still a thoroughfare between NOS and SW:GE. Pooh, Hungry Bear, Canoes, Train, TSI Rafts are all still open.

It may reduce traffic a little bit, but I don't think it will be lifeless. If you look at the State of Disneyland video from FB during the week HM was closed in August for the overlay change (Splash was also down by then), there are still plenty of people walking along the river in along that path.

mickEblu

Except the Mark Twain is down until March, so it will have to be the Columbia.

Ahhh ok the Columbia then and then the Twain from March to May. I’ve only been on the Columbia twice. And only one of those times did I go down to the bottom deck. I’m due. I haven’t been on the Mark Twain ver many times either. More than 5 but fewer than 10.

SuddenStorm

Ehhh.....I don't see why Mansion being down would make that area lifeless. While you won't have the line buildup in Magnolia Park, there are still plenty of people that walk that corridor who aren't actively riding Mansion. It's still a thoroughfare between NOS and SW:GE. Pooh, Hungry Bear, Canoes, Train, TSI Rafts are all still open.

It may reduce traffic a little bit, but I don't think it will be lifeless. If you look at the State of Disneyland video from FB during the week HM was closed in August for the overlay change (Splash was also down by then), there are still plenty of people walking along the river in along that path.

Splash could accommodate about 1,500 people an hour, Mansion about 2,500. So that's about 4,000 less people an hour in that area.

It will 100% impact how that area feels.

SuddenStorm

Why does HM have to close for so long if most or all of of the work is on the outdoor queue?

All I know is that with no Splash Mountain and no Haunted Mansion- I have no reason to visit in 2024 now.

Maybe if they bring back the original Fantasmic soundtrack in it's entirety- reverting all show segments back to their original iterations (albeit with the newer effects).

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Fair enough. Guests will certainly still walk through the area. And there’s music and an air of excitement around the new Tiana restaurant that may flow down the walkway a bit.

But whenever I walk by Splash these days, it’s quiet and seemingly more empty than before. The area around the Mansion will surely have a similar vibe once there’s no longer perennially crowds of guests battling to join the standby line / use their LLs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom