News New Haunted Mansion Grounds Expansion, Retail Shop Coming to Disneyland Resort in 2024

Disney Analyst

Really taking shape now.

1725661784248.png

1725661792914.png

1725661800919.png

mickEblu

Glad they made Splash Mountain blend in better with New Orleans Square by making it look like a bayou, just to cover up the sightline with a gift shop.

Hahah good point. The rumor is they are going to turn the Royal Street Verandah and current Haunted Mansion shop into queue space for POTC so I guess that spot makes the most amount of sense. With that said there’s no reason it couldn’t go where Eudora’s is. They were ok not having the shop next to Mansion for 50+ years.

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Glad they made Splash Mountain blend in better with New Orleans Square by making it look like a bayou, just to cover up the sightline with a gift shop.

Looking at the recent photos, I was thinking this same thing.

I did not realize this was going to be in this location, and the shop was going to literally be blocking the view.
Perhaps it will look different in person?

So far, not a fan of this.

-

Figments Friend

Hiding Tiana's bayou disaster is a win as far as I'm concerned.

It just brings to light yet again what a mess this ‘overlay’ is.
But plonking that gift shop building in that location between the two Attractions just seems like a bad idea to me.

One impression I am getting is the building being erected looks too large for the space it is occupying.
Seems to me a smaller unit would ‘fit’ the spacing better, but then again this is ‘Haunted Mansion’ merchandise sales we are talking about.

Perhaps I will have a different take once seeing it in person next week.

I will miss the small current ‘Haunted Mansion’ shop.
That seemed a perfect spot to me, and it did not encroach on any scenic views.
Plus, it was a cozy little spot with character.
But perhaps those types of themed areas are a ‘nuisance’ to today’s Disney…

-

Nirya

It just brings to light yet again what a mess this ‘overlay’ is.
But plonking that gift shop building in that location between the two Attractions just seems like a bad idea to me.

One impression I am getting is the building being erected looks too large for the space it is occupying.
Seems to me a smaller unit would ‘fit’ the spacing better, but then again this is ‘Haunted Mansion’ merchandise sales we are talking about.

Perhaps I will have a different take once seeing it in person next week.

I will miss the small current ‘Haunted Mansion’ shop.
That seemed a perfect spot to me, and it did not encroach on any scenic views.
Plus, it was a cozy little spot with character.
But perhaps those types of themed areas are a ‘nuisance’ to today’s Disney…

-
I think it is more the PotC line is starting to get ridiculous in how it goes out into the pathways, and the easiest solution is to turn the current HM shop (along with Royal Street Veranda) into overflow queue solves that problem and frees up space. They had the unused space where the former Fastpass booths were, so this is also just a better use of the space, even though I think the building could stand to be smaller.

Disney Analyst

This is going to go up fast. Still think opening right around Thanksgiving or even by the 15th when Tiana's opens is doable.

So I don't think it'll ruin sight lines too much. You'll still be able to see the "mountain" loom over the area when you approach.

I actually think this is a nice addition, as it allows you to discover Tiana’s. It creates a slight barrier, where you get to turn a corner and discover something new.

Ice Gator

I actually think this is a nice addition, as it allows you to discover Tiana’s. It creates a slight barrier, where you get to turn a corner and discover something new.
Honestly without the tree stump I don’t think there’s much of a sight line to care about anymore. Plus I think the gift shop resembles more a structure you’d find in the bayou region, so it could make for a nice transition from the “downtown” New Orleans Square to Bayou Country.

smooch

It grows. Roof trusses going in.

Obviously the actual size of the structure will be a bit bigger than just this steel frame, but honestly the sightlines in the first and second photos, along with the shape of the roof, look good to me. The mountain is hidden behind the low part of the roof, and the raised front sort of tapers off / blends in with the mountain. I'm curious to see the final product.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom