News New Haunted Mansion Grounds Expansion, Retail Shop Coming to Disneyland Resort in 2024

Vegas Disney Fan

Any word on when the normal queue will be open?

It sounds like this VQ isn’t a capacity issue as much as a queue space issue, I’d rather not deal with it and just stand in line if given the choice.

BasiltheBatLord

I experienced the attraction on Tuesday. The new graveyard scrim was pristine and several AAs seemed much more active than in past years.
Never understood why they need a scrim there. Is it to make the figures seem more "ghostly" or is it functional? Was there always a scrim there going back to '69?

AJFireman

Ok, question since I'll be at the parks the next few days at night.

Have the virtual queue slots all been grabbed quickly and none are available later, or do I stand a chance at grabbing a slot if I get there around 7/8?
I have seen reports that after 1030 /11pm they have not even been checking VQs and allowing walkups. I do recall during that time prior to the construction it was walk on.

Nirya

Ok, question since I'll be at the parks the next few days at night.

Have the virtual queue slots all been grabbed quickly and none are available later, or do I stand a chance at grabbing a slot if I get there around 7/8?
Ok so tonight I got to the parks around 5 or so, so much earlier than I anticipated (got out of my meetings early which was nice). Around 5:30 I decided to jump into the virtual queue as a test and got a backup group of 324. Given that the people I was with had 207 and didn’t get called until 6:45, I wasn’t very confident but hey, that’s how science works.

Well, lo and behold I got called at 10:42, so I guess there’s a decent chance you can still get on depending on how late you show up. That said, they were 100% still checking boarding passes at 11:10 when I wandered over (my favorites Suburban Legends were playing a D23 set, so of course I had to sit through all of it).

mickEblu

Rode Haunted Mansion today. Not a fan of what they did with the front queue. Feels like a lot of trees were removed. Trees that created a lot of ambiance and atmospheric shade. They not only kept the astroturf on the main lawn but also added it to the right side of the queue as well where previously you had ivy and real plants. Not sure why they felt the need to do that. Looks like they added a couple of young Magnolia trees but it seems like those trees take decades to canopy. I thought that maybe they had upgraded to better astroturf as it photographed fairly well in some pictures I had seen but nope still the same crappy turf. In certain lighting it’s ok but in the mid afternoon soon it’s shiny in the sun. I also don’t remember being able to see so clearly into the fence from the walkway outside of the attraction. Overall just seems more sparse and fake and for me has lost a good amount of its charm and mystique. Also from construction photos it looks like they re building some sort of themed retaining wall that will hide the Ivy covered berm that had all the headstones. I also consider that a loss.

The one positive- the fountain planter doesn’t look bad.

1129DE88-BE7B-4B23-A430-056DC1E48377.jpeg

Don’t like this

6904C16D-C289-4EFC-904A-6402C1F02F18.jpeg

This is much better. Real plants that you can see to your right when you exit the attraction.

Last edited:

J4546

new freshbaked vid show behind the scenes shot of the MASSIVE hole they had to dig out below the que and how big a space they created below the new que, its pretty huge! Lots of new space for CM's and backstage stuff

Phroobar

new freshbaked vid show behind the scenes shot of the MASSIVE hole they had to dig out below the que and how big a space they created below the new que, its pretty huge! Lots of new space for CM's and backstage stuff
Lots of space for bodies.

Disney Analyst

Wonder if this means we could have the new queue available before the end of the year?

I assume they'd like to have the extended queue opened up as much as possible by Christmas season, get that Lightning Lane revenue back online for the busy holiday season. 3 months to go, which could be doable for some of it, don't know if that giant pit will be done yet though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom