News New Haunted Mansion Grounds Expansion, Retail Shop Coming to Disneyland Resort in 2024

Disney Analyst

Assuming they are running the Christmas show inside- operating a Halloween/Christmas overlay in June is perhaps the most ridiculous operational decision I've heard, and perhaps the perfect example of how little Disney cares about thematic integrity these days.

Edit: July, not June.

Just the reality of the timing. It’s been well known that they never took the overlay down inside, simply due to timeline of this project.

Professortango1

While running HMH when it reopens is dumb, it's not like this is new information.
It will help them skirt the changes under the radar. If the hanging scene is revealed to be gone and cartoon HHG in mid/late January, there will be less gnashing of teeth. So get the fan-favourite version in there to soak up the crowds and then sneak the controversial changes in a deader time.

mickEblu

🚨🚨🚨✋
🌳👮🏻‍♂️🌳

Planter Policeman here. Unfortunately, it appears to me from the photo below, that they have indeed kept the artificial turf 😔. Does this mean this is the final version of the front yard that will be opening with Classic Mansion early next year? No. But not a great sign. With what said, it’s also been scorching out here in So Cal for the last few weeks so they probably wouldn’t choose to go real grass now, especially since the area is still a construction zone.

Ok maybe this is a false alarm. Everyone please go back to your regular programming and stop wasting tax payers dollars calling me for this kind of stuff.

See artificial turf circled in red:

87776FDA-AB6E-4DD0-8EB1-AADD827DC3AD.jpeg

Resolution isn’t great here. It’s a bit better on my laptop looking at the image on X. It’s still hard to tell but appears to be very flat and artificial.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Details on the Virtual Queue:

Haunted Mansion Holiday – Beginning July 29, 2024
A virtual queue will be in place at Haunted Mansion Holiday. Guests will need to use the Disneyland app to request to enter this attraction. A standby queue will not be available at this time.

In preparation, make sure your MyDisney account is linked to your group's park tickets. Each Guest can request to enter this virtual queue no more than once per day during regular park hours. A theme park reservation will be needed. Learn more about theme park reservations.

There are 2 daily opportunities to request to join the virtual queue for Haunted Mansion Holiday:
  • 7:00 AM – Guests must have a park reservation for Disneyland Park with a one-park ticket or a park reservation for Disneyland Park with a Park Hopper ticket to request to join the virtual queue.
  • 12:00 PM (Noon) – Guests inside Disney California Adventure Park with a Park Hopper ticket or inside Disneyland Park can request to join the virtual queue.
Multiple Virtual Queues
If more than one attraction is using a virtual queue, Guests will need to enter those virtual queues one at a time. But Guests may enter a virtual queue for an attraction and one for entertainment or 2 entertainment offerings at the same time.

Phroobar

Details on the Virtual Queue:

Haunted Mansion Holiday – Beginning July 29, 2024
A virtual queue will be in place at Haunted Mansion Holiday. Guests will need to use the Disneyland app to request to enter this attraction. A standby queue will not be available at this time.

In preparation, make sure your MyDisney account is linked to your group's park tickets. Each Guest can request to enter this virtual queue no more than once per day during regular park hours. A theme park reservation will be needed. Learn more about theme park reservations.

There are 2 daily opportunities to request to join the virtual queue for Haunted Mansion Holiday:
  • 7:00 AM – Guests must have a park reservation for Disneyland Park with a one-park ticket or a park reservation for Disneyland Park with a Park Hopper ticket to request to join the virtual queue.
  • 12:00 PM (Noon) – Guests inside Disney California Adventure Park with a Park Hopper ticket or inside Disneyland Park can request to join the virtual queue.
Multiple Virtual Queues
If more than one attraction is using a virtual queue, Guests will need to enter those virtual queues one at a time. But Guests may enter a virtual queue for an attraction and one for entertainment or 2 entertainment offerings at the same time.
Sounds like Rise of the Resistance all over again. If you didn't press the button fast enough at 7am, you aren't going on HMH at all this year. Wait until they put it on Lightening Lane for $25 a shot.

Professortango1

Sounds like Rise of the Resistance all over again. If you didn't press the button fast enough at 7am, you aren't going on HMH at all this year. Wait until they put it on Lightening Lane for $25 a shot.
Its why I didn't visit the parks while Rise was on a lottery. If I can't get into line and wait to ride, I'm not going to spend $150 to play the lotto to see what I can't ride that day.

Disney Analyst

Cept for Haunted Mansion has almost double the hourly capacity and much more reliable.

I'll be very interested to see how they manage this. As we know there will be very limited outdoor queue space, so they'll need to constantly be calling groups.

The group numbers for this attraction could be some of the highest we've seen for any VQ. (which i expect @gerarar to definitively declare)

gerarar

Premium Member
I'll be very interested to see how they manage this. As we know there will be very limited outdoor queue space, so they'll need to constantly be calling groups.

The group numbers for this attraction could be some of the highest we've seen for any VQ. (which i expect @gerarar to definitively declare)
Weird, I didn't get this ping/notification! Just happened to see this while browsing through the forums here lol.

I don't usually track DL VQs, but will probably look out for it. Did so for the first couple days of MMRR's short-lived VQ.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom