News New Haunted Mansion Grounds Expansion, Retail Shop Coming to Disneyland Resort in 2024

zipadee999

If so, that's the correct decision. I should add that the new archway is an improvement.
Yes, much more intricate and detailed. As much as I love the design of the OG mansion, it’s nice to see it get some of the ‘grander’ and more ornate details of the later mansions

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
The "theme park ride has a not-so-good change to alt-right grifter YouTube videos" pipeline. Let's... Not go that route.

What you just said is an open pathway to going that route 🤦

Unfortunately Disney makes it easy for criticizers to feast. The changes they’re implementing, I’d say since Chapek started becoming relevant (and beyond his firing), have been super questionable.

This rumor in particular, the possible changing of the hanging body cause it’s insensitive - a feature for over 5 decades, in an attraction that is all about death and spirits.. is so beyond stupid. Yet it’s something I think they would do in a heartbeat (no pun intended).

NobodyElse

Yes, much more intricate and detailed. As much as I love the design of the OG mansion, it’s nice to see it get some of the ‘grander’ and more ornate details of the later mansions

The "OG mansion" got along fine without either of those arches.
1721542210788.png

BrianLo

Oh great! I was just taking the closure calendar at face value, but see Haunted Mansion is still "closed" into September dates.

I think they really must feel this needs to be open in advance of Space Mountain's closure on the 5th. It was a bit curious they'd willingly close another E-ticket. Not that Disneyland can't handle it, but it was getting quite aggresive.

mickEblu

Oh great! I was just taking the closure calendar at face value, but see Haunted Mansion is still "closed" into September dates.

I think they really must feel this needs to be open in advance of Space Mountain's closure on the 5th. It was a bit curious they'd willingly close another E-ticket. Not that Disneyland can't handle it, but it was getting quite aggresive.

If anything maybe this is a great sign for the 70th? Could it end up being Disneylands best year since the 60th? I hesitate to say that as Splash Mountain won't be there but in terms of the park looking nice n shiny, operations and all the major attractions being refurbed and reliable? Not to mention you'll have GE that really helps with the crowd flow that didn't exist for the 60th. Perhaps a new spectacular but I'd be happy with them bringing Wondrous back. Maybe they'll even surprise us with some Toad and Pinocchio tech upgrades? Although I would say less is more with Toad.

Last edited:

BrianLo

Maybe they'll even surprise us with some Toad and Pinocchio tech upgrades? Although I would say less is more with Toad.

This is my number one "surprise" I'm crossing my fingers for, for D23. Sure some massive Disneyland Forward shenanigans will be fun. But these are projects that can be done on an effective time frame and I really like.

mickEblu

This is my number one "surprise" I'm crossing my fingers for, for D23. Sure some massive Disneyland Forward shenanigans will be fun. But these are projects that can be done on an effective time frame and I really like.

I wonder though if the Great Moments with Walt would be the big 70th surprise instead. Not that they cant do both but they may feel that's enough.

Disney Analyst

Awesome news! Will we start seeing the HMH decor go up on the outside in the next few days or will we actually be getting regular mansion for a small window (finger crossed)

From what MiceChat has said, it’s already HMH inside. Unsure if they’ll put up a smaller outdoor decor package shortly, or not decorate outside this year? Or only start to add decor for Halloween time?

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
From what MiceChat has said, it’s already HMH inside. Unsure if they’ll put up a smaller outdoor decor package shortly, or not decorate outside this year? Or only start to add decor for Halloween time?
What's weirder.....the inside being Halloween and not the outside, or the outside being Halloween but not the rest of the park?

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

Assuming they are running the Christmas show inside- operating a Halloween/Christmas overlay in June is perhaps the most ridiculous operational decision I've heard, and perhaps the perfect example of how little Disney cares about thematic integrity these days.

Edit: July, not June.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom