News New Haunted Mansion Grounds Expansion, Retail Shop Coming to Disneyland Resort in 2024

VicariousCorpse

The attic looks different. The pop ups don’t seem to be there and the snake seems to be positioned differently. There also seems to be a lot of new empty space where Constance was
The snake used to crossover from the left side to the right, now he is just on the left side. There is a new Jack pop-up where the bride normally is during the normal mansion.
Screenshot 2024-07-29 115122.png

Looks like the snake now has put his head through some painting.
Screenshot 2024-07-29 115938.png

Last edited:

Nland316

Not sure how I feel about the new hearse location. Seems kinda random? I’ve only seen one video though, so might look better at other angles / in person.

mickEblu

For those curious about the hearse and grass

View attachment 805048
View attachment 805049

Yeah not sure about that placement. We’re obviously at a place and time where the parks are so crowded that operations take a clear priority over aesthetics. Overall I think they have walked the line between aesthetics and operations/ safety well. Some things I found completely unnecessary like Astro turf on the Mickey planter or HM front lawn.

Do my eyes deceive me? Is that real grass? Or is it just good lighting and better quality than the awful artificial turf they put last time?

Last edited:

CaptinEO

Looks like the Jack animation in the stretching room didn't change. The gingerbread house is huge. The Frankenstein gingerbread looks like the size of a person. The hitchhiking ghost effect at the end appears to be the same bobbles and ornaments from last year, but projections.
It's definitely projections and not physical pepper's ghost effect. This confirms we are getting digital hitch hiking ghosts soon.

Nland316

It's definitely projections and not physical pepper's ghost effect. This confirms we are getting digital hitch hiking ghosts soon.

I honestly thought it would be way more noticeable of a change. I would not be able to tell if I didn’t know already from these forums.

Probably saves them on maintenance costs of some sort, but regardless, looks great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom