News New Haunted Mansion Grounds Expansion, Retail Shop Coming to Disneyland Resort in 2024

Avastindy

So I was looking at some old concepts that were never used for the final Mansion, and I recall that the Foyer and the Stretching room was to have an AA Raven. So the rumor of crows sounds like they might call back to that. But it’s just a theory I had.
Was also trying to find all the permits that pertained to the Mansion that @SSG posted. I think I recall seeing one about projectors and screens.

mickEblu

So I was looking at some old concepts that were never used for the final Mansion, and I recall that the Foyer and the Stretching room was to have an AA Raven. So the rumor of crows sounds like they might call back to that. But it’s just a theory I had.
Was also trying to find all the permits that pertained to the Mansion that @SSG posted. I think I recall seeing one about projectors and screens.

It would make sense. They know people will be upset “so let’s call back to all the unused ideas from the early 60s, they’ll eat it up.” It’s all about execution though. Do better than the cat statue with the red laser eye. Then they know people will be upset about the hitchhiking ghosts so here is an objectively better Constance for your viewing pleasure.

Surferboy567

Well it looks like I made it! Reading some of the Twitter responses was quite interesting to say the least.

Interesting, if true haunted mansion fans are a passionate bunch. I’m sure the reaction will be elevated.

Personally, I’d like this to stay but I can see why it may offend some. It definitely scared me as a kid and I’d like to preserve that.

zipadee999

It would make sense. They know people will be upset “so let’s call back to all the unused ideas from the early 60s, they’ll eat it up.” It’s all about execution though. Do better than the cat statue with the red laser eye. Then they know people will be upset about the hitchhiking ghosts so here is an objectively better Constance for your viewing pleasure.
Reminds me of when they brought back the original 1967 cave voices after they knew people were upset with the auction scene change

Avastindy

Exactly that. Them dropping “member-berries” to quell the upset of changing things seems like a cheap shot to me. It’s like they know what they are doing will upset fans, and yet they proceed in changing major portions of rides anyway.
And the one-eyed cat was done so poorly, bought off the shelf statue and throw an LED in the eye!

Last edited:

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Then they know people will be upset about the hitchhiking ghosts so here is an objectively better Constance for your viewing pleasure.

Reminds me of when they brought back the original 1967 cave voices after they knew people were upset with the auction scene change
Now you guys are getting it!

Take: Splash Mountain
Give: Adventureland Treehouse

Take: Paradise Pier
Give: Tropical Hideaway

Take: Big Thunder BBQ/North River
Give: Hungry Bear Sign

I'm sure there's more, but it seems whenever they give us something good it was because they took something good away from us.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member

Serviceable but a disservice to the original intent, showing how the Ghost Host died. Unless it's death by 999 bat bites or guano toxicity (Histoplasmosis had to look it up) this ain't gonna fly with the fandom. Saw this coming decades ago and drafted a concept how this scene could be revised with the least damage. Came to the conclusion that it can't be done without subbing in past mansion lore and/or forgotten effects to ease the sting of the removal. That and the GH dialogue would need to remain. Bats ain't bad, but it's not good either.

It'll be interesting to see what they do. I'd prefer they let the Mansion rest in peace.

Last edited:

PiratesMansion

If they change the stretching room and get rid of the hanging body, I'll never ride the Mansion again.
You do you I guess.

I'm hoping that this is all just random speculation and isn't actually confirmation of anything. I do think sometimes we as a community can be a bit quick to assume that one person's random report is inherently accurate when the reality is that we know very little about what the Mansion will look like when it reopens or the quality of this source.

mickEblu

You do you I guess.

I'm hoping that this is all just random speculation and isn't actually confirmation of anything. I do think sometimes we as a community can be a bit quick to assume that one person's random report is inherently accurate when the reality is that we know very little about what the Mansion will look like when it reopens or the quality of this source.

But you know as well as I do that his fear isn’t based on just one post/ report but on an accumulation of posts from various sources/ people (including one insider I believe), permits* and Disneys recent track record and stance on any scenes/ attractions at the parks that might be deemed “problematic.” Why you pretend not to know that or leave that out of your post is odd.

*Permits indicating HHG scene changes part of rumors are true. Not sure if we’ve seen permits for stretching room.

Last edited:

mickEblu

What if they just leave the noose dangling in the wind? Remove the corpse. Seems like a fair compromise to me.

(I’m sure instead we’ll get a screen on par with Tiana & Louis in the laughing place)

Would be much better than a screen. Noose dangling and projected phantom flying around. Seems that they don’t have the type of people at WDI that are capable of coming up with these types of solutions. “Let’s put a screen over it!” That or they worry that your solution wouldn’t be enough. That we’d consider them cheap. Instead of thinking we’d be happy with them saving as much of the scene as possible and still having something physical there as opposed to a screen and cutting off the dome ceiling.

I wouldn’t even put it past them to alter the audio/ narration at this point. Wouldn’t bet money on it in this case but wouldn’t be shocked.

Honestly just the thought of these guys screwing with the original HHG scene and putting a screen over the ceiling in the stretching room is criminal.

Consumer

As a child, my memory of the attraction and the Eddie Murphy movie got muddled, so for a long time I believed the stretching room ended with a projection of a ghostly carriage breaking through a window. For no other reason than my childhood delusions, I suggest they do that.

Honestly, as idiotic as removing the hanging skeleton is, I'm more upset about the destruction of the brilliant effect that is the hitchhiking ghosts. It's a flawless illusion, perfect as the ballroom, being destroyed for no reason other than the hubris and arrogance of WDI.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom