New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

21stamps

Right!?

Personally I think Orlando is short on actual coasters, on big thrills. But considering that two of the finest scary coasters in Orlando are being replaced by this one there was no doubt about the new coaster not being a big thrills coaster.

Me too. I always viewed IoA as a thrill park, doesn’t make sense to take such a thrilling coaster away to replace with “family coaster”.
I don’t want Uni to compete with Disney for the younger kids, I like that Universal has always been the ‘next step’.

Also, there are so many exciting things going on in the coaster world right now.. so many options..they could have done something cutting edge.
Orlando needs one park that focuses on thrills, not scattered thrill rides throughout the Orlando parks.

My opinion anyway.

21stamps

Thrill doesn’t have to mean steel coaster. This will have thrills and not be an eyesore and worst part of Hogsmeade.

Oh I agree that thrill doesn’t automatically equal a coaster.. the posts I read here just didn’t make it sound like this will be a big thrill. Hopefully I read it incorrectly.

21stamps

I’m out of the loop anyway, haven’t been to Universal since 2009.. This year I will finally make my return. Kiddo finally tall enough.. I’ve waited a long time for him to grow to this point. ;)

It will be interesting to see how different it is from my memories, so much is gone, and so much has been added.

The Empress Lilly

This coaster will be 100x better than Dragon Challenge. Large unthemed steel coasters belong places, just not Universal or Disney.
It might very well prove to be a better coaster, or better ride.

But I had a thing for Dragon. And not so much for Potter. To my liking there is a slight Potter overkill as is.

Also, between all the parks I visit there are now only two suspended coasters left. And with one of them, Mantra, being in the same park as the terrific Mako I will actually do SEA next trip instead of UNI.

As for unthemed steel coasters, I do hold Disney to a higher standard than UNI. Or SEA I'm not bothered by Hulk and RRR and the SEA trio.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom