New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

21stamps

It might very well prove to be a better coaster, or better ride.

But I had a thing for Dragon. And not so much for Potter. To my liking there is a slight Potter overkill as is.

Also, between all the parks I visit there are now only two suspended coasters left. And with one of them, Mantra, being in the same park as the terrific Mako I will actually do SEA next trip instead of UNI.

As for unthemed steel coasters, I do hold Disney to a higher standard than UNI. Or SEA I'm not bothered by Hulk and RRR and the SEA trio.
I’m the same way. I just have different expectations for Disney. I would never want to see a high height requirement on any ride, or any steel coaster at a Disney park.. but I look at IoA as something completely different.. always loved them bother for their own exclusive reasons.

You should really visit Ohio sometime for thrills ;).

imperius

Universal wants to be more Disney and less Seaworld/Cedar Point as they should. Hogsmeade is fantastic and DC was just meh. The less steel coaster with high height requirements the better IMO. They serve their purpose in other parks but when you’re trying to be a world class theme park? Nah.

Animaniac93-98

It only makes sense to replace two coasters with two coasters.

While Dueling Dragons may have been technically 2 coasters, it was marketed as 1 experience with a single queue (that eventually diverged).

Both Florida's SM and the Matterhorn have two, seperate tracks, but people don't think of them as two coasters.

21stamps

Universal wants to be more Disney and less Seaworld/Cedar Point as they should. Hogsmeade is fantastic and DC was just meh. The less steel coaster with high height requirements the better IMO. They serve their purpose in other parks but when you’re trying to be a world class theme park? Nah.

Why do they want to be ‘more Disney’? Disney is already Disney, the appeal of Uni has always been that it was a different kind of park.

Even their “I’m Ready” marketing campaign says as much.

IAmFloridaBorn

The family ride arguement is getting tired. All we've had were family additions. It's time for a thrill ride or coaster. Universal just doesnt know how to build one.

Disneyhead'71

The family ride arguement is getting tired. All we've had were family additions. It's time for a thrill ride or coaster. Universal just doesnt know how to build one.
A lot of people consider Forbidden Journey terrifying. And nauseating. As it turns out, a lot of folks feel Hippogriff and The Hogwarts Express are all they can ride because the rest are "thrill" rides. Here is a quote from someone today talking about the possible Ministry of Magic attraction over on the Inside Universal forums.

captainmochVeteran Member
As long as it finally gives a Potter attraction that isn't a thrill ride (not counting the Hogwarts Express, which needs a parkhopper...), I'll be satisfied.​

http://forums.insideuniversal.net/t...ce-fear-factor-live.12760/page-26#post-638592

Last edited:

raven

Really? Does Disney World build coasters more wild than Hulk or Dueling Dragons?

And this is an attraction for Harry Potter, a very family friendly franchise. You wouldn’t see a giga-coaster for Barney or Seuss would you? Or a merry-go-round in Marvel Island? Doesn’t really fit the image. That’s one reason why Dragons left.

I think this new ride is going to be spectacular from what I’ve been gathering.

JoeCamel

Really? Does Disney World build coasters more wild than Hulk or Dueling Dragons?

And this is an attraction for Harry Potter, a very family friendly franchise. You wouldn’t see a giga-coaster for Barney or Seuss would you? Or a merry-go-round in Marvel Island? Doesn’t really fit the image. That’s one reason why Dragons left.

I think this new ride is going to be spectacular from what I’ve been gathering.
Cough, (Storm Force Accelatron) If is quacks like a roundy round it be one

IAmFloridaBorn

Or they don’t want to.
Could be true. I Still don't think Uni is capable of building a thrilling coaster like Sea World. Mummy is their best coaster now that Dragons are gone.
A lot of people consider Forbidden Journey terrifying. And nauseating. As it turns out, a lot of folks feel Hippogriff and The Hogwarts Express are all they can ride because the rest are "thrill" rides. Here is a quote from someone today talking about the possible Ministry of Magic attraction over on the Inside Universal forums.

http://forums.insideuniversal.net/t...ce-fear-factor-live.12760/page-26#post-638592
I Can Understand that but unless forbidden journey is considered a coaster, not what I'm specifically referring too. Universal builds excellent thrilling attractions. No Doubt. But I doubt they can build a thrilling coaster like the Mummy again. I Love the Harry Potter rides. I could give a squat about Harry Potter but those attractions are definitely high quality.

JT3000

Universal doesn't know how to build thrill rides? That's a new one for sure. :hilarious:

It's also funny how the narrative on this forum has swiftly changed from "Why can't Universal be more like Disney?" to "Why is Universal trying to be more like Disney?" Talk about hard to please!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom