New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

Rob562

I think the coaster is probably the forbidden forrest or quidditch or something.

The Ministry of Magic would seem like an area to make for a 3rd gate.

Ministry of Magic is rumored to be going where the Fear Factor theater is now in Studios, either connected directly to Diagon Alley from within the Alley, or accessed from the London streetfront (which thematically might be more in-line with how it is in the books and movies since I don't believe it's located near Diagon Alley)

-Rob

Princess Leia

Ministry of Magic is rumored to be going where the Fear Factor theater is now in Studios, either connected directly to Diagon Alley from within the Alley, or accessed from the London streetfront (which thematically might be more in-line with how it is in the books and movies since I don't believe it's located near Diagon Alley)

-Rob
You’re correct- the Ministry is not in Diagon Alley, but hidden in a different part of London. To make it fit thematically, a queue that you access through a phone booth would be best (since an elevator would be impractical, I suppose you could walk right through it), or some sort of floo powder effect (that would probably be turned off within 2 months).

I would assume Uni would want to connect the exit through Diagon Alley, but I’m not sure how they’d work that out.

Make it a family friendly coaster, indoor segments, a good story, a few thrills, good animatronics, a few screen areas.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN? Either it will be a pure full on 100mph adrenalin filled looped coaster.
or :
You don't move and it's all screens.

Why can't Universal just give a balaance.

Disneyhead'71

Make it a family friendly coaster, indoor segments, a good story, a few thrills, good animatronics, a few screen areas.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN? Either it will be a pure full on 100mph adrenalin filled looped coaster.
or :

I think you nailed it with your first description. Supposedly, at one point the ford anglia travels beside you.

Disneyhead'71

Hmmm a Ford Anglia ride? Didn't really think about that but it wouldn't be a bad idea. Not the Ford traveling beside you but a ride based on the car ride to Hogwarts. The location in Universal would fit as well. I can't remember where the train goes from Hogwarts in the park? Are you coming or going from the castle when you get on the train on that side?
The train goes backwards to Kings Cross Station in London/Diagon Alley.

There was speculation that the RV could be themed to either the Ford Anglia or a Motorbike Coaster themed to Hagrid's/Sirius' Motorcycle with a sidecar. But with the Ford Anglia traveling beside you then that being the RV seems unlikely. And we have quasi-confirmation about a backward section, so a motorbike coaster seems unlikely. What seems likely is mostly outdoors, some smaller show buildings, one possibly with a projection effect inside, some AAs. A family friendly terrain coaster with multiple launches. No loops.

JT3000

or :

Why can't you drop the hyperbole? It's abundantly clear you don't even like Universal, so why are you here?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom