News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

begood524

Does anyone know what is going on with the Epcot line? It seems like the other two are so much farther along with regards to testing and Epcot still hasn't seen a gondola outside of a station...

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Does anyone know what is going on with the Epcot line? It seems like the other two are so much farther along with regards to testing and Epcot still hasn't seen a gondola outside of a station...
Epcot line is the most congested area of the three. It has the Riviera station and a turn station still with construction vehicles and personnel in the area. I do recall seeing gondollas being clearance tested in the turn station within the past two weeks.

Luxe

From the video I saw of the unloading procedure in the case of dangerous weather, it looks like they can get all of the cabins off the line very quickly.

Cesar R M

Wow! That's a lot of pizza! I usually get mine by the box.
xVqmgoF.gif

Missing20K

But.. those nubs...
Any confirmation about those nubs and their use? I've seen them before on lift towers and the only thing I could think they were used for is maybe dampening just as no ski resort I've been to where I've noticed the nubs (I did my best to look this winter) was there anything attached at those points.

A couple examples, both Doppelmayr (coincidence or not, I'm not sure).
csm_MGD-Kirchenkar-768x790_02_b54e7bb541.jpg

4er-sesselbahn-gaisberg.jpeg

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

"On social media, some theme park followers have criticized the lack of air conditioning in the gondolas.

But Mazloum argued the ride is “absolutely comfortable.”

“We have specifically designed them with the Florida climate in mind,” he said, pointing to reflective windows that block out the sunlight and the mesh screens on both sides to bring in a breeze."

We will see how well this quote ages after a couple of days of operations when its 85 and above.

iowamomof4

Interesting they say "by August" Disney castmembers might be riding in them. Still seems like a crazy long time to test and just wait for opening them up. I'm still irritated about how close we came to being able to make use of them for our trip. Sigh. Oh well, we'll still be at Disney World.

Phil12

"On social media, some theme park followers have criticized the lack of air conditioning in the gondolas.

But Mazloum argued the ride is “absolutely comfortable.”

“We have specifically designed them with the Florida climate in mind,” he said, pointing to reflective windows that block out the sunlight and the mesh screens on both sides to bring in a breeze."

We will see how well this quote ages after a couple of days of operations when its 85 and above.
The mesh screens are there to prevent insects and lizards from getting in the cabin and also to prevent passengers from throwing objects out of the cabins. The screens will actually impede the breeze. However, I understand why Disney wants to put a good spin on the ventilation issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom