News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

epcot1980

Is security screening still being planned for the resort end of the line (similar to monorail resorts)? I thought that was part of the plan, but the HS station looks like it will drop you outside security. Are the new photos just decieving?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What was this thread about? Oh, yeah...

Micky filigree...

2019-01-30 11.23.45-1.jpg

Minnie filigree...

2019-01-30 11.23.14.jpg

2019-01-30 11.08.43.jpg

Grimley1968

Is security screening still being planned for the resort end of the line (similar to monorail resorts)? I thought that was part of the plan, but the HS station looks like it will drop you outside security. Are the new photos just decieving?

It looks like that's been tabled for now, unfortunately. EPCOT IG's station is also being built outside the security tables, and there appears to be no work being done to move those tables beyond the IG station. And HS's station is well outside the security tables. Hopefully, it will happen in the future, but I think those stations will initially open outside the security "bubble".

seascape

It looks like that's been tabled for now, unfortunately. EPCOT IG's station is also being built outside the security tables, and there appears to be no work being done to move those tables beyond the IG station. And HS's station is well outside the security tables. Hopefully, it will happen in the future, but I think those stations will initially open outside the security "bubble".
The security zone can be moved and a fence to keep the skyline customers from having to go through the same lines as others just like at MK. All you have to do is look at the maps and you can see how the the security can be separated, a line for the busses and walkers from the Epcot resorts, one for the boats and another for the parking lot. The skyline can be after the security.

Grimley1968

The security zone can be moved and a fence to keep the skyline customers from having to go through the same lines as others just like at MK. All you have to do is look at the maps and you can see how the the security can be separated, a line for the busses and walkers from the Epcot resorts, one for the boats and another for the parking lot. The skyline can be after the security.

I don't doubt that, but it just seems like if that was going to happen, the rerouting of park entrance foot traffic would already be in process with the stations getting closer to completion, or moving the security tables themselves.

epcot1980

I was afraid that was what it looked like. That would have seemed a pretty great sell for the guests of those resorts if they simply designed the traffic flow for that from the very beginning. I can understand it could be changed later fairly easily, but it seems a missed opportunity to not just start that way and help alleviate gate congestion.

jrhwdw

Is there any room to move the tables at the front of Epcot so Monorail guests wouldn't have to go though the tables twice? If TDO puts tables at Skyliner resorts plus IG and DHS, might be overkill.

seascape

I was afraid that was what it looked like. That would have seemed a pretty great sell for the guests of those resorts if they simply designed the traffic flow for that from the very beginning. I can understand it could be changed later fairly easily, but it seems a missed opportunity to not just start that way and help alleviate gate congestion.
It would take very little time to build a fence. The ticket scanners can be where they are. The security can be moved back. It can be setup in days just after the bridge from Boardwalk and Beach Club. For the boats, they can have the passengers at Epcot exit towards the Beach Club and then go through security have a security line setup by the HS Dock. All this could be the plan and under construction and we would now know it because it is right in front of us. Look at HS. The security lines could be placed for the parking lot where the construction is currently being done for the tram. The busses are after the Skyline and still under construction so security may also be. Look st the MK security locations and ser how easy and fast this could be done.

nickys

Premium Member
I think the security at DHS is the real issue. Could it be done? Sure, if they really wanted to. But because of the placement of the Skyliner station, it is more complicated than at the IG. So maybe they decided it was too much hassle to do.

Personally I wish they would. But it looks unlikely now.

epcot1980

It would take very little time to build a fence. The ticket scanners can be where they are. The security can be moved back. It can be setup in days just after the bridge from Boardwalk and Beach Club. For the boats, they can have the passengers at Epcot exit towards the Beach Club and then go through security have a security line setup by the HS Dock. All this could be the plan and under construction and we would now know it because it is right in front of us. Look at HS. The security lines could be placed for the parking lot where the construction is currently being done for the tram. The busses are after the Skyline and still under construction so security may also be. Look st the MK security locations and ser how easy and fast this could be done.
I hope so! It is SO nice to go through screening at the resort instead of the park.

jrhwdw

Don't get me wrong, MK looks fantastic table free for Monorail guests(Can't remember if Ferryboat is table free at MK), but MK still has tables for Resort Buses, launches, Contemp. Walkway. May not be possible to put tables at every Resort Hotel.

joelkfla

Is there any room to move the tables at the front of Epcot so Monorail guests wouldn't have to go though the tables twice?
Not as the entrance works now. The monorail exit is between the bus stops and the tram unload. Since foot traffic exiting the monorail crosses the path of Guests arriving by bus, they would have to put in a new bag check just for buses, and keep the existing one for trams and walk-ins.

epcot1980

Don't get me wrong, MK looks fantastic table free for Monorail guests(Can't remember if Ferryboat is table free at MK), but MK still has tables for Resort Buses, launches, Contemp. Walkway. May not be possible to put tables at every Resort Hotel.
That's what I was wondering... whether the plan was to have the same system as the monorail resorts at the gondola resorts. Am I imagining this, or was this not said on something/somewhere official?

Bender123

Not as the entrance works now. The monorail exit is between the bus stops and the tram unload. Since foot traffic exiting the monorail crosses the path of Guests arriving by bus, they would have to put in a new bag check just for buses, and keep the existing one for trams and walk-ins.

Ive always wondered why they don't just start running the monorails the opposite direction...Then they could switch the load platforms around and security could stay exactly where it is and not require double screening. Must be some reason...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom