News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Ripken10

Thats not what winter break was created for at all.
How its used is a different story.
In some areas of the country the school systems do develop system calendars based on the businesses and habits of the those living in that state (some would claim this is actually a monetary reason first and foremost, while others would argue it is mutual reasoning). In some of the northeast states, the calendar is sometimes developed in a school system with this in mind, as the businesses (ski industry) and habits of those living there are a strong part of their lives (and financial stability). Just like in Maryland, where the Governor just passed a law prohibiting schools from starting before Labor Day. The main objective was to extend the vacation season for their East Coast (Ocean City as the locals know it), essentially allowing the youth of the area to continue to work their for an extra two weeks, and families to have an extra 2 weeks to vacation (this is a new law just passed). I am not saying I agree with such decisions when it comes to school calendars, just pointing out that these things are decided by respective school systems (or in the case of Maryland, forced upon them by the government).

TiggerDad

In some areas of the country the school systems do develop system calendars based on the businesses and habits of the those living in that state (some would claim this is actually a monetary reason first and foremost, while others would argue it is mutual reasoning). In some of the northeast states, the calendar is sometimes developed in a school system with this in mind, as the businesses (ski industry) and habits of those living there are a strong part of their lives (and financial stability). Just like in Maryland, where the Governor just passed a law prohibiting schools from starting before Labor Day. The main objective was to extend the vacation season for their East Coast (Ocean City as the locals know it), essentially allowing the youth of the area to continue to work their for an extra two weeks, and families to have an extra 2 weeks to vacation (this is a new law just passed). I am not saying I agree with such decisions when it comes to school calendars, just pointing out that these things are decided by respective school systems (or in the case of Maryland, forced upon them by the government).
Virginia has the same type of law. It's referred to by some as the Kings Dominion law to protect a local theme park. We have some private schools in the area that take a week off in February for no apparent reason other than to facilitate ski vacations.

Cesar R M

It's on its way now:

IMG_0371.gif
hY6cSou.gif

I should be working....

View attachment 205332

0tZWVGG.jpg

Our officers are still combing the Desert!

Nj4mwc

It was a guesstimate but where you live skiing is a big thing. I live South Carolina, 5 million people how many of these people do you think go skiing? Across the South and into the desert states? Iowa? How many people from the farmlands go skiing?

i don't know the real number but I bet out of the whole US population the percentage is very low as to how many people have gone skiing.

Let's say 5%, that make you happier?
I'll take the 5 percent and be happy

Cesar R M

The My Cable Car gondola network in Bolivia transported 194,971 passengers on Wednesday, setting a new single day record. The manufacturer (Doppelmayr) Number of lines (4) and size of cabins (10) are all similar to the rumored Skyliner system.
sweet heavens, thats a lot of people!
What town is this thing located?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The My Cable Car gondola network in Bolivia transported 194,971 passengers on Wednesday, setting a new single day record. The manufacturer (Doppelmayr) Number of lines (4) and size of cabins (10) are all similar to the rumored Skyliner system.
sweet heavens, thats a lot of people!
What town is this thing located?
That's impressive, but a record soon to be broken on the first weekend of Food and Wine festival at EPCOT the year this thing opens at WDW:) Hope they have barf bags installed for the "impaired" guests:hungover::cool::jawdrop:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom