• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner

Missing20K

Advertisement
Maybe slightly more difficult. In the ski world, Vail has a reputation of being quite flat and boring 😌
Off topic, but Blue Sky has some fun, sorta steeper areas. And fun cliff drops. :D

Ok, back to the gondolas.

DisneyCane

They wouldn't need to be as they would act as a Faraday cage in the event of a direct strike.
Lighting would strike the cable or the towers. There is no conductive path through the cabin (which may be made out of fiberglass or something for weight savings, I'm not sure). The conductive metal cable is riding on metal wheels which are attached to metal towers which contact the ground.

begood524

And in classic fashion the site that will not be named posted the exact same thing twenty minutes later with the added "we know for a fact it's opening August 28th" thing

jrhwdw

And in classic fashion the site that will not be named posted the exact same thing twenty minutes later with the added "we know for a fact it's opening August 28th" thing
Didn't Rob report this last week??? Doesn't look to me like any more is open now.

Disone

Substantially more difficult terrain involved.
As I said test adjust teams and opening teams are two seperate groups. There has been a test and adjust team at galaxies edge for months. The opening team has just recently started being selected.
Hummmmmmm. I am wrong. There are test and teams for attractions. I always assumed those were just the first members of the opening team but I have a friend who's an attractions manager and he has confirmed that they're often just cast members borrowed from similar attractions to help open it so your spot on.

This humble pie is delicious. But when you're wrong you're wrong.

peter11435

Not trying to re-ignite an argument, but found someone on Twitter tweeting that they have an interview for the Skyliner this week; wonder if she's an opening cast member, and if so, how long does the turnaround from initial hiring to training to out on the job take?
The interview is for opening team. Most likely she is already a Disney cast member so this would be a transfer not a hiring.

Disone

Not trying to re-ignite an argument, but found someone on Twitter tweeting that they have an interview for the Skyliner this week; wonder if she's an opening cast member, and if so, how long does the turnaround from initial hiring to training to out on the job take?
You're not. I doubled down on the wrong side of an argument so now I have to double down on, being wrong. I was wrong there was no more argument here. Nothing to ignite. :)

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
PttP guy independently reporting tonight August 28th for the first two lines.
He doesn't have insider information. And before anyone mentions the guy Rob whatshisname who's connected to the gondola biz, Rob was feeding him incorrect info (namely, the gondolas were going to be going at factory speed and not the Disney speed of 11 mph), so, he's not a trusty source on what Disney intends.

If he's saying Aug 28, it's because he's parroting from That Unscrupulous Source.

sgtmgd

This is absolutely the definitive authoritative reliable and accurate projection for when the Gondolas will start ferrying guests....This amazing insight has been hermetically sealed in a mason jar and only a true descendant of Carnac the Magnificent knows the answer....

"when guest actually start riding the skyliner on that date it will have opened in some capacity" Side prognostication for free "it will rain in Florida this week"

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
He doesn't have insider information. And before anyone mentions the guy Rob whatshisname who's connected to the gondola biz, Rob was feeding him incorrect info (namely, the gondolas were going to be going at factory speed and not the Disney speed of 11 mph), so, he's not a trusty source on what Disney intends.

If he's saying Aug 28, it's because he's parroting from That Unscrupulous Source.
Rob may get some things wrong, but I can't see him out right lying. He clearly says in the video that he got his information from a source at Doppelmayr and not from what other sites have said.

Top Bottom