• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Rob may get some things wrong, but I can't see him out right lying. He clearly says in the video that he got his information from a source at Doppelmayr and not from what other sites have said.
His Doppelmayr source also had the speed of the gondolas wrong. And his Doppelmayr source may have gotten their info from That Other Site.

Not saying it won't be the 28th. But that this source isn't airtight.

larryz

Can't 'Member Anything
Premium Member
Advertisement
The interview is for opening team. Most likely she is already a Disney cast member so this would be a transfer not a hiring.
So, my guess is that what we have seen was "train the trainers" and we'll be seeing "trainers training the opening/operating crew" shortly.

Surfin' Tuna

Training is generally not a particularly long process. Most attractions (which this would be similar to) only require 2-6 days of training.
Since this is part of transportation does that affect the training process at all? I'm asking, because I don't know how things work on the transportation side versus the park ops side. I did meet someone a few days ago who is part of the test and adjust team, and he hates it. I don't know him other than that brief interaction, so I have no idea if it's truly miserable or not. Strangely I have talked to several people who are excited about possibly getting hired on skyliner. Me, I'm just hopeful we can get this tread to 20,000 before it opens.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Since this is part of transportation does that affect the training process at all? I'm asking, because I don't know how things work on the transportation side versus the park ops side. I did meet someone a few days ago who is part of the test and adjust team, and he hates it. I don't know him other than that brief interaction, so I have no idea if it's truly miserable or not. Strangely I have talked to several people who are excited about possibly getting hired on skyliner. Me, I'm just hopeful we can get this tread to 20,000 before it opens.
@Lift Blog has said that the training process for similar system at ski resorts takes about 4 days,

cosmicgirl

Any ideas as to why this might be? If I'm not mistaken BlogMickey and PttP's pics from earlier in the week showed the same thing happening at Pop
If you look at the first pic you can see that they're (spray?) painting the fences. Based on the BlogMickey pics compared to Rob's last video from Pop/Art I think they painted the smaller fences there, as well.

trainplane3

Some pictures of the fire department undergoing evac training by the IG were posted online and then pulled. Nothing we didn't expect, seemed like a standard gondola evac but over the water with a small boat underneath.

Top Bottom