News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Lift Blog

On a serious note: why would there be 3 "windows" on one side and only two on the other side? Is there a technical reason or is it related to ventilation and the direction (sense to be more precise) of travel? In the latter case that would mean that the cabins are loop-specific, since they won't all be travelling in the same sense.

Doppelmayr has done this on other lifts in warm climates. They must have found it helps with air flow. The side with three windows is the front. The side with two is the back. The tower side has only one and it looks like the door windows do not open.

Never mind photography -- one can hardly see out the window!
I wonder if this is looking worse than it really is because the photo presumably was taken from outside the cabin looking in thru the wrap, or maybe, as others have suggested, that the wrap displayed was a quick job for the presentation and not the same as the finished product.

The video below purports to show this cabin being wrapped in a parking lot. I have to think most cabins will be wrapped at the factory with high quality see through vinyl graphics. CWA has done that for us before.

Goofyernmost

Is that butt ventilation?!
Don't laugh, I had a Cadillac that had fans under the front seat, which blew air up through the leather covered seat. Of all the "extras" on the car it was the best and in the summertime it prevented massive cases of swamp butt from happening. Greatest invention ever, even better then Cousin Orville's fan behind a block of ice.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Chip and Co

From their site...

"We have also been told they will have passive ventilation to keep air moving!"

From here: https://chipandco.com/take-a-look-at-the-new-disney-skyliner-gondolas-330296/

Perhaps they changed the text or you were looking at an older post which was quoting Jim Hill (who rescinded his A/C claim).

I will say this for Chip and Co.... They're the only site I've seen that mentions Chip & Dale's Christmas Tree Ornament scavenger hunt at Disney.

ChrisE405

From their site...

"We have also been told they will have passive ventilation to keep air moving!"

From here: https://chipandco.com/take-a-look-at-the-new-disney-skyliner-gondolas-330296/

Perhaps they changed the text or you were looking at an older post which was quoting Jim Hill (who rescinded his A/C claim).

I will say this for Chip and Co.... They're the only site I've seen that mentions Chip & Dale's Christmas Tree Ornament scavenger hunt at Disney.

Yea - they changed it mid-day today. I don’t they understood was passive ventilation meant.

joelkfla

Photos of the inside:
https://twitter.com/attractions/status/1064190483533045760
-Looks like mesh covering the windows will prevent photography.
-The benches are wood.
-There is some sort of custom ventilation underneath the benches.
-A dead body is already on the floor?
Zooming in, there seems to be something attached to the back wall (left side of the photos) above the bench. Looks like it blocks the vent windows on that side. What is it? Almost looks like ... an air conditioner! Fan unit? Swamp cooler? Uncle Orville's ice pack?

Last edited:

Flalex72

Photos of the inside:
https://twitter.com/attractions/status/1064190483533045760
-Looks like mesh covering the windows will prevent photography.

The window graphics film is OK to see out of, but you're right that it really hampers photography. The camera auto focuses on the film, not the subject, and you never get a good picture of anything.

The good news is that it doesn't seem like every cabin will be wrapped, and even if they are, the wrap is usually the first thing to start peeling and require replacement. It wouldn't surprise me to see wraps disappearing in a few years time, with the occasional new one added to promote films like the buses and monorails.

Amused to Death

Maybe someone can find better info, I could find no fatalities in the U.S. on a gondola system within the last 30 yrs at a ski resort.

It was a joke in reference to this thread’s 600 pages of comments about heat exhaustion, spontaneous combustion, plummeting into gator filled swamps, etc. It’s difficult to find posts with worthwhile content amidst all the nonsense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom