News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Animaniac93-98

1542513123556.png

I didn't know Mickey was friends with Lex Luthor.

GlacierGlacier

Travesty. A slap in the face to Walt and all the great Disney animators of the past. That's all I'm going to say, so as not to derail the thread.
Join the rest of the complainers in the M&M RR thread.

As far as gondola capacity, these things are really deep. Seeing it from front-on really gives the impression that 8 or so people could easily fit, 4 on each side. 10 could fit if need be. And that's without any standing.

Creathir

View attachment 326695

Yeah! They look nothing like how Walt and Co. used to draw them...

View attachment 326694

Oh....
I personally don’t care for the new design either. While being true to an earlier version, I personally prefer the design queues of the Mickey from Fantasia thru the 1990s.

Round pupils, clothing that fit properly. Proportions which did not make him appear odd.

I get what they are doing, trying to pay tribute to the past while applying stylization, specifically surrounding modern techniques, particularly involving the eyes.

But it comes across as cheesy and poorly executed.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Did anyone else notice that when Bob Chapek showed the gondola car, the windows were blacked out? You couldn't see inside the vehicle. I wonder if that was to keep that a as a reveal for a later date?? It can't be that it hasn't been finalized yet. They are probably already being made.

I think you are just seeing the tinting on the non-wrapped windows.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The announcement spoke of views and unique photography ability, but if all the windows are wrapped, won’t it be like trying to look out a window of the monorail or bus that has been wrapped? Wrap obscures view. Are you supposed to put you camera in between the open louvres?

kurtk

Seems like very dark tinting. It would have been nice for the doors to be shown open to get a look inside.

It could have been this was just a lightweight unit for display purposes that has no seats or moving doors.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is that the right model? I knew they had several on the show floor at IAAPA.

No. From the pictures we've seen, the 10-seater isn't at the show.

Single rider may be the way to go here. When it is busy they can use you and when slow you have your very own gondola in the sky.

I don't want to die alone.

MickeyMinnieMom

As far as gondola capacity, these things are really deep. Seeing it from front-on really gives the impression that 8 or so people could easily fit, 4 on each side. 10 could fit if need be. And that's without any standing.
I've got to be honest... just looking at the pics they still seem small to me to imagine 8-10 WDW tourists stuffed in there...

I'll be interested to see in practice how many people are "forced" into one... will it be like an attraction where they sit singles with a stranger when busy, but let them ride alone when not busy? I'd just hate to be stuffed into that thing with too many people to really be comfortable.

Clamman73

I've got to be honest... just looking at the pics they still seem small to me to imagine 8-10 WDW tourists stuffed in there...

I'll be interested to see in practice how many people are "forced" into one... will it be like an attraction where they sit singles with a stranger when busy, but let them ride alone when not busy? I'd just hate to be stuffed into that thing with too many people to really be comfortable.
The CM will be shouting “Fill in all available space!” as they load the gondola.

Goofyernmost

The CM will be shouting “Fill in all available space!” as they load the gondola.
Doesn't matter, if you ignore them long enough it will be to late and they are not going to stop the gondola to enforce a point. So generally, the guests will determine how many can get on. Even moving slowly, there is a limited time to load them before the door closes. Pretty much the same way that when a CM is yelling for everyone to scrunch into the center of the expanding room in Haunted Mansion, they get ignored because now one wants to be that close to people they don't know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom