News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Amused to Death

Is that the right model? I knew they had several on the show floor at IAAPA.

No, the models at IAAPA were 8-seaters. They looked beautiful inside. This one had zebra-striped seats and a small conference table (for discussing the pros and cons of air-conditioning). I was wondering how long it will take for guests to tear them apart. Other than that, I’m looking forward to seeing them in operation.

jt04

The announcement spoke of views and unique photography ability, but if all the windows are wrapped, won’t it be like trying to look out a window of the monorail or bus that has been wrapped? Wrap obscures view. Are you supposed to put you camera in between the open louvres?

Never underestimate the combination of Imagineering and pixie dust.

joelkfla

View attachment 326695

Yeah! They look nothing like how Walt and Co. used to draw them...

View attachment 326694

Oh....
I'm not crazy about the ones you pictured on top either, but they look a heck of a lot better than the ones on the gondola, where Minnie's face was nothing but a rough circle. And even between the 2 versions you pictured, look at the differences between the shapes of the mouth and snout. From the bottom one, to the top one, to the ones on the gondola, each version is progressively simplified, looking more and more like something a Guest might have drawn at the old Animation Academy at DHS.

Poor kiddies growing up with this version will have no idea who that mouse walking around WDW is!

Last edited:

cosmicgirl

Photos of the inside:
https://twitter.com/attractions/status/1064190483533045760
-Looks like mesh covering the windows will prevent photography.
-The benches are wood.
-There is some sort of custom ventilation underneath the benches.
-A dead body is already on the floor?
Is that butt ventilation?!

On a serious note: why would there be 3 "windows" on one side and only two on the other side? Is there a technical reason or is it related to ventilation and the direction (sense to be more precise) of travel? In the latter case that would mean that the cabins are loop-specific, since they won't all be travelling in the same sense.

joelkfla

Never mind photography -- one can hardly see out the window!

I wonder if this is looking worse than it really is because the photo presumably was taken from outside the cabin looking in thru the wrap, or maybe, as others have suggested, that the wrap displayed was a quick job for the presentation and not the same as the finished product.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Photos of the inside:
-The benches are wood.
-There is some sort of custom ventilation underneath the benches.

The pictures we're seeing are from outside through the mesh, so, while not clear, they should not be this occluded since we're looking through the mesh twice.

That is *not* a dead body on the floor. Those are body *bags*.

in't the ventilation system to move air "up" and out the top? How does an ECV or WC fit in that?

Grates at the bottom. Open slats at the top. In, up, and out.

There technically is just enough clearance for the widest of ECVs, but the benches flip up for more room.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Photos of the inside:

Disney uses these sorts of wraps on the outside of buses an monorails. They look opaque from the outside, but from the inside they don't clock the view but just make it little less distinct. Still need to wait and see if this is how they will actually be wrapped or if it will be something small in practice.

Now you are getting in the spirit of these boards! ;)

Clamman73

The pictures we're seeing are from outside through the mesh, so, while not clear, they should not be this occluded since we're looking through the mesh twice.

That is *not* a dead body on the floor. Those are body *bags*.

Grates at the bottom. Open slats at the top. In, up, and out.

There technically is just enough clearance for the widest of ECVs, but the benches flip up for more room.
I thought it looked like a dead wildebeest.

MickeyMinnieMom

GeneralKnowledge

Which sire reported this?

I believe it was Arthur, King of the Britons
CE24A75F-E032-437B-891C-FFC3808BB40E.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom