News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Incomudro

Very unlikely they will paint them now that they are up, especially since we can see on at the that IG that was pre-painted.

I didn't notice that - I was viewing on a small screen.
I had to re-watch the video.
So, I see that the tower in France is pre-painted green as it should be.
Would have been nice to put a finish on those towers in Caribbean Beach.
The industrial galvanized finish really stands out in contrast there.
I'll hold out some hope that something will be done.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

Given the climate in Florida they have to be galvanized. The painted ones will be a constant source of maintenance.

raymusiccity

Station was unmanned during maintenance. Possibly running in reverse with safety systems bypassed. Maintenance personnel error was also ruled the cause of the widely publicized chairlift rollback in Georgia last winter.

Boiling it down to a simple reason..... It was in BOLIVIA !

Lensman

That would be unfair. They operate the largest and most complex gondola system on the planet and have safely carried over 135 million passengers.
Yeah, and it's not like we don't have plenty of transit incidents in the U.S. caused by human error due to people text messaging while operating a train or falling asleep on the job due to them having sleep apnea or taking too many painkillers in combination.

Patcheslee

Attachments

• g90305.jpg
    g90305.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 71

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

I think some landscaping around the base would help a lot.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That would be unfair. They operate the largest and most complex gondola system on the planet and have safely carried over 135 million passengers.

Isn't that roughly the number of deaths expected on the Disney Skyliner in the first year due to: In-gondola combustion due to lack of AC/lightning striking gondolas and electrocuting everyone inside/gondolas falling hundreds of feet off the cable/being eaten by alligators after falling into swamp? (Did I miss any? ;) )

Cesar R M

That’s actually not bad. With enough shrubs around it they could essentially hide the base from direct view...just don’t look up. :)
Unless you fill the area with plants that are "closed" on the top. Like these tall palm trees or trees that grow their parts horizontally.

Just run your MagicBand against everything until you hear something click.
Or when you get the notification of your bank about some big charge coming from Disney.

cindy_k

Isn't that roughly the number of deaths expected on the Disney Skyliner in the first year due to: In-gondola combustion due to lack of AC/lightning striking gondolas and electrocuting everyone inside/gondolas falling hundreds of feet off the cable/being eaten by alligators after falling into swamp? (Did I miss any? ;) )
The zombie apocalypse happening so the guests eat each other while trapped in the tiny air cars. :bawling::hungover::hilarious:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
You forgot "guests drowning in torrential rainstorms captured in the gondolas' passive ventilation system."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom