News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

wdizneew

Wow people, you would make it very easy to be a troll, even though I don't think wdizneew was even trying.
Disney has always been known for keeping sight lines clear, it is one of the things that makes Disney different
and wdizneew was just pointing it out. It is unusual for Disney, though it does not ruin everything. Go take a
look around Universal to talk about sight lines, you can see the dragon, on top of Gringott's, from outside of
the Diagon Alley area.

Haha you're right, I wasn't trying. I just wanted to provide a photo update of what I saw on Sunday. Yes it doesn't ruin the experience completely but I agree that what sets Disney apart is their attention to detail. Several examples that come to mind: camouflaging cell towers as trees, painting Tower of Terror to match the color of Morocco in Epcot, and building Radiator Springs to hide power lines.

Kamikaze

Wow people, you would make it very easy to be a troll, even though I don't think wdizneew was even trying.
Disney has always been known for keeping sight lines clear, it is one of the things that makes Disney different
and wdizneew was just pointing it out. It is unusual for Disney, though it does not ruin everything. Go take a
look around Universal to talk about sight lines, you can see the dragon, on top of Gringott's, from outside of
the Diagon Alley area.

787.png

Or do you need more exclamation points? My sarcasm was as blatant as can be.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney has always been known for keeping sight lines clear

At times, yes. At times, definitely not. From the very beginning in Disneyland, Walt allowed the view of a Romantic Era European castle and an Alpine mountain to be seen from the Old West.

Even in Epcot they didn't try to hide the FW buildings, only, instead, made them pretty and architectural because they would be in the sightline of WS.

Even the usual care of not seeing anything backstage sometimes gets thrown out the window with tall rides like ToT.

It wasn't until the new paradigm of single-IP fully immersive lands (Potter, Cars, Pandora, SWL) that there was an attempt to make it nigh impossible to see anything at all that wasn't in theme.

Wait until you ride one of the Gondolas and see that its actually sitting on a roof.

You don't need a gondola ride to see that. Just wait until someone posts a telephoto picture of how awful the Swan looks behind France. All those photos clearly show that the Eiffel Tower is sitting atop a building. Which means, even without the Swan, the view from across the lagoon breaks the show.

OG Runner

The sight lines became more of a concern with Disney World, because of what Walt saw in Disneyland.
This was long before the "new paradigm of single-IP". Yes, there are some backstage areas that can be
seen now, with the placement of some hotels, but it is very well done, especially in the Magic Kingdom.

PuertoRekinSam

The sight lines became more of a concern with Disney World, because of what Walt saw in Disneyland.
This was long before the "new paradigm of single-IP". Yes, there are some backstage areas that can be
seen now, with the placement of some hotels, but it is very well done, especially in the Magic Kingdom.

I would agree but from 1971-1999 there was another gondola attraction that went right through the Magic Kingdom that spoiled all the sight lines.

Flalex72

Who would.want a heated ski lift chair? If properly dressed, all you would end up with is a sweaty butt that will then freeze on the slopes. This is a solution looking for a problem.

The seats don't heat up enough to make you sweat. You can certainly feel it through snow pants after a few seconds, but then it begins to fade away.

It's not going to make a huge difference to most people, but it might help them get an extra run or two in before heading it to warm up on a really cold day.

SLUSHIE

You would be surprised how entitled many skiers are.

Many people complain about water being on the chairlift seats. You are outside in the snow and your pants are waterproof... chill out. Put those $500 Arcteryx pants to use.

artvandelay

You could do something where the dry ice was isolated and transferred the cold through a metal plate but vented the CO2. It would be an expensive system. The dry ice would have to be replaced quite often. Dry ice works well in an insulated environment to keep things frozen. Using it as AC, it will sublimate (disappear) quite quickly.
Also, we could add just a little bit of hot water to the dry ice and make some cool looking fog!😀

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom