News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Kamikaze

Having just got back from a sky weekend and on a gondola.. good luck is all I can say with loading these things with tourists.
it's a moving bucket you step into, with about 15 seconds of time to get into it.

Going to be a nightmare for the ops folks when they have to pause loading due to some tourist falling over with 3 kids and a stroller in tow.

You have a lot more than 15 seconds.

And you don't stop the line - if a guest can't make loading on one cabin, that one goes empty and you put them in the next one.

disnyfan89

hmmmm
01110241.jpg

Sometimes appropriate theming can add an awful lot.... I would prefer it if they didn't l;ook like an off the shel doppelmyer station with a themed canopy tacked on.... That was always the Disney Difference....

But lets not forget these beautiful examples from inside the parks:

DL tomorrowland Station:
7G8jRm5qUVVAJxZbHpoU0yT2R1eviYAaLI1DWKezNZQwuHH_TBF-vN71n6S_AdmckMdNIu71PQ5tp7kWep50dbIYmH_0Wpi2p1g2MBnrXmEScSrtcTGTeZU=s0-d

Or the other MK:
reminders_skywaytofl2009ww.jpg

The waterfall was always nice I admit.

And for all those of you concerned with the exposed turning station at Boardwalk here is the turning station from MK:
skywaymk_turnc1996ah.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
But lets not forget these beautiful examples from inside the parks:

DL tomorrowland Station:
7G8jRm5qUVVAJxZbHpoU0yT2R1eviYAaLI1DWKezNZQwuHH_TBF-vN71n6S_AdmckMdNIu71PQ5tp7kWep50dbIYmH_0Wpi2p1g2MBnrXmEScSrtcTGTeZU=s0-d

Or the other MK:
reminders_skywaytofl2009ww.jpg

The waterfall was always nice I admit.

And for all those of you concerned with the exposed turning station at Boardwalk here is the turning station from MK:
skywaymk_turnc1996ah.jpg
The WDW Tomorrowland tension station was a product of its time and a great bit of architecture.

Btw, Boardwalk turn won’t be "exposed" in the same sense as your example.

lazyboy97o

I seem to miss where I said they did not fit stylistically within the lands they are placed? Perhaps the only point I was trying to make is that sometimes it's okay for a gondola station to look like a station...
Then, like so many others, you are missing or ignoring the complaints. The new stations are not criticized for looking like a station, but looking too much like a stock station. How do your images show clear elements of a stock VR101 station?

disnyfan89

Then, like so many others, you are missing or ignoring the complaints. The new stations are not criticized for looking like a station, but looking too much like a stock station. How do your images show clear elements of a stock VR101 station?

Care to show me what a stock Von Roll VR101 station looks like....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom