News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Bender123

Was he towing it with his ECV?

God help me if I ever lose my self-pride and dignity enough to "need" to cruise around WDW in a hoveround.

That would have been a sight...a guy basically driving a patched together 18 wheeler around MK. Give that man an air horn and a CB radio.

nickys

Premium Member
Oh, don't you just love the 8-12 year olds in the strollers? Idiot parents.

Lol! I have seen debates on whether to bring a stroller for a 9 year old... "Oh but it's so much walking, obviously I would never use it at home". Yeah? So how come you still have it then? ;) Mine went in the bin when youngest was 3. And I don't drive, we just used the buses or walked. If they were too tired to walk to the park/zoo/castle, we didn't go.

If your kid's tired, take a break. :banghead: Sit down and have a rest.

My favorite from last week was a guy with full on coolers stacked in the stroller...it was basically a mobile buffet table he was pushing around.

Love it! Seen this debate too. "My kids will just lose stuff if they have to carry it. We though t we'd bring a stroller to put the bags into".

Of course you forgot my favourite. Kids sitting on knees of Gran in the ECV. I once saw 2 kids aged about 7 or 8 riding on the arms of the ECV.

G8rchamps

We were stroller people when the kids were younger and I do miss the storage (especially the small cooler or water or clear liquid). We are fortunate enough to live close and have taken the kids at many different ages. No stroller changes the way we hit the park - although we also don't do as many M&G's as we did when they were young. There is a place for both strollers and ECV's, when necessary and used properly - and there in lies the problem....

Goob

Guys can we please not let this fall into the Stroller/ECV trap??? @The Mom isn't going to want to come back in here and do a clean up. Let's self-police here.. The rat-hole of ECV/Strollers of who needs them, why, etc.. is A TRAP!
There's nothing really much to talk about Gondola wise and this is a hot topic people want to discuss. If it needs to be in its own thread, so be it.

mmascari

Technically, in the station they do follow a rail. And, they can come off the rail to switch onto the maintenance track. I'm not completely wrong. haha

This is the failure mode I've seen on detachable cables before. Specifically during freezing rain. The rain would freeze on the rollers for when it detaches. Arrives in the station, hits the track, slips to much to continue around (but not falling), requiring stopping while it's levered back to the correct position on the track to go through the station.

Freezing rain is a huge problem at WDW right? :cool:

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
I don't laugh... I find it disgraceful. It's like Wall-E.

Reminds me of a guest who parked their vehicle outside Harbor House and then easily walked inside. I won't go into hidden physical issues or guest sizes or anything... short version is she parked it right up against the outward opening exit only door. Cut to a strong male trying to open the door from inside. He gave the door a huge shove and over went the ECV, contents and all. No sympathy.

I agree for the most part, my wife has MS and requires the use of an electric wheelchair but many guest and at times cast meme era automatically assume she is just lazy because she looks physically normal. Much of this is due to people abusing ECV use and are simply too lazy to walk. This also creates a problem trying to use Disney transportation as most buses only accommodate two vehicles at a time.

MissPixie

As for the Gondola system all I can really say is like everything new there will be glitches that will be worked on as they arise. Whether that be with the weather or the getting on and off of the system with ECV's. I suppose there will be many times that Tinker Bell will be up there tinkering with the system especially when it is new.

Bender123

Wow, I didn't know that. I am surprised that there aren't a lot more dogs walking around the parks then the very few I saw on my last trip. I may have saw 3 on my entire 2 week trip.

I saw only a handful last week...two of three were with Make a Wish families. It seems most people aren't trying the dog thing, yet...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom