• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner

matt9112

Yes. I'm from coastal North Carolina and I currently live in Orlando.
I live here and I do HVACR and it gets darn of hot for 2 months or so. I think it's pretty hot. Granted what we think is irrelevant its what the visitors from England or Canada will think.

matt9112

Advertisement
That's not because people are afraid of boats. That's a capacity issue. Not enough boats for every guest. There are no buses from BC/YC of BW to either DHS or EPCOT. They have bigger boats there so no capacity issues. A large portion of the gondola path won't go much higher than the monorail goes. I don't see them offering busses from the monorail resorts to MK or EPCOT because of people with fear of heights. I think it's far more likely that if someone complains they offer them a comparable room somewhere outside of the gondola resorts.
Those resorts are also tiny in the grand scheme....just sayin....this is CBR.

drizgirl

I guess everyone has staked out their opinions on this. It's going to be interesting to come back and do a reality check when it's all done.

Maybe we should all start staking out our stands on when that will be. :joyfull:

Minthorne

I stand by the Dole Whip kiosk is the gondola stations. Want to cool off on the ride - buy a Dole Whip! It's perfect as it monetizes the cooling!

ABQ

Is there any concern that WDW's lawyers would have a problem with gondolas running during the many FL thunderstorms? Obviously there will be the typical high volume of lightning rods atop any towers and I'm sure some sort of grounding system on the gondolas themselves, but the risk management legal team will probably be all fired up at the thought of just one gondola taking a lightning strike and all heck breaking loose.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Is there any concern that WDW's lawyers would have a problem with gondolas running during the many FL thunderstorms? Obviously there will be the typical high volume of lightning rods atop any towers and I'm sure some sort of grounding system on the gondolas themselves, but the risk management legal team will probably be all fired up at the thought of just one gondola taking a lightning strike and all heck breaking loose.
As has been discussed earlier in this thread, gondola run in some very harsh environments around the world and there are provision for dealing with lightning.

HauntedMansionFLA

Has this even been officially announced by Disney or just 113 pages of statements?

ABQ

As has been discussed earlier in this thread, gondola run in some very harsh environments around the world and there are provision for dealing with lightning.
OK, I read the last dozen pages, but I readily admit to not reading all 113.

Top Bottom