• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner - Every Possible What If ....? Has Been Discussed.

Disorbust

Sorry I restarted the whole AC thing but really I had NO idea that they shut the monorails down in DL due to heat. We visited in April and loved their Monorail.

When the whole AC debate was discussed here my thought was that Disney had to have considered the heat, people with medical issues, what happens to the ventilation when it stops etc. Well after reading the posts here about the DL monorail my faith is a bit faltered plus I just don't see that blowing 100 degree air around is comfortable.

Rob562

Advertisement
Anyone know which building at Caribbean beach will be closest to the skyliner?
Jamaica 41 is the closest to the main hub of the Skyliner.

In theory Aruba 56 is very close to the Riviera station but it remains to be seen whether there will be an official walkable route to it when Riviera opens.

-Rob

HoldenC

Growing up in the south my entire life, I always have to laugh out loud at the amount of weak people on this forum who can't handle a little bit of Florida heat. Maybe you guys should visit places where it's cold 365 days a year 😂😂

eddie104

Growing up in the south my entire life, I always have to laugh out loud at the amount of weak people on this forum who can't handle a little bit of Florida heat. Maybe you guys should visit places where it's cold 365 days a year 😂😂
That's all the transplants talk about is the weather and I'm like isn't that the reason you moved down here in the first place. 😂🤣

Kamikaze

Jamaica 41 is the closest to the main hub of the Skyliner.

In theory Aruba 56 is very close to the Riviera station but it remains to be seen whether there will be an official walkable route to it when Riviera opens.

-Rob
Don't know how there wouldn't be a way to walk it. Both resorts will abut the lake, so there will be a route.

beertiki

We had the corner room in Aruba 56, it might be the furthest walk to Old Port Royal, but it was so close to the Riviera station that it would now be a very good location. If I was that close to the station, and they built a fence, I would be ****ed.

Bender123

Once again these were not designed by Disney unlike that horrible Monorail redesign.
People also seem to not notice that the monorail was never designed for air flow...Outside the little slats on the end windows, there is no ability for the monorail to vent air. The skyliner is specifically designed to keep air flow moving when the system is moving.

Trying to compare ventilation on the two systems is like comparing baseball to brain surgery...Just not at all the same thing.

joelkfla

People also seem to not notice that the monorail was never designed for air flow...Outside the little slats on the end windows, there is no ability for the monorail to vent air. The skyliner is specifically designed to keep air flow moving when the system is moving.

Trying to compare ventilation on the two systems is like comparing baseball to brain surgery...Just not at all the same thing.
I think you're thinking of the wrong monorail. The DL monorail was the one being discussed.

Bender123

I think you're thinking of the wrong monorail. The DL monorail was the one being discussed.
Im aware...The DL monorail windows, if I recall, do not open much, but also have the small slats on the ends, but are built into the monorail body as opposed to the windows.

I am not certain if they open or not, but there is almost no natural ventilation, regardless.

Bender123

Indeed...the windows do not open in the direction of travel. Its there, but not enough to make a difference in hot weather and will not be circulating very well. Its been a while since I was on them.

It looks like the slats are decorative in the VII.

I do not know how we can compare the ventilation of the Gondola, designed to force air, vs Mark VII, which was obviously limited to cracking a window.

drizgirl

I would say that if they did have AC and one wasn’t working, then they’d have to deal with fixing that before people complained and that just compounds labor costs...etc, etc. So why not cut that out of the equation right off the bat.
I can't even.

Based on that logic they should leave bathrooms out of their hotel rooms.

Jon81uk

Indeed...the windows do not open in the direction of travel. Its there, but not enough to make a difference in hot weather and will not be circulating very well. Its been a while since I was on them.

It looks like the slats are decorative in the VII.

I do not know how we can compare the ventilation of the Gondola, designed to force air, vs Mark VII, which was obviously limited to cracking a window.
View attachment 390172
This was thoroughly discussed two pages ago https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/new-gondola-transportation-disney-skyliner.924477/post-8779734

Top Bottom