New Fantasyland Tokyo/Orlando

mahnamahna101

But haven't you see all the incredible details, interactive elements, and just incredible themeing that makes Toon Town worth visiting even for adults?
Sorry, I don't pay $100+ to look at just "incredible" theming like cardboard cutouts and empty play areas. Toontown is not one of the bright spots of Disneyland or really any Disney park. Unlike Who Framed Roger Rabbit, the theme park versions aren't fully developed or fleshed out.

If Toontown consisted of this, I might consider it a worthwhile area:
  1. Toontown Trolley (E-ticket simulator through Toontown) - 42"
  2. Roger Rabbit's CarToon Spin (spinning trackless dark ride) - all ages
  3. Plane Crazy (family suspended coaster) - 38"
  4. Mickey's Philharmagic (clone of show, with some updates) - all ages
  5. Chip and Dale's Treetop Tumble (mini-swings ride) - 32"
  6. Donald's Boat (actual, interactive, multi-level water play area)
  7. Fab Five Experience (M&G/walkthrough with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto)
At least that would give Toontown four attractions teens/adults won't hate. Toontown is way too exclusively targeting little kids for me to like it. I prefer areas that have something for everyone.

tl77

No. Which is why this thread should be killed and the discussion continued in the area it's meant to be.

This is supposed to be about how Tokyo's New Fantasyland relates to Orlando's New Fantasyland, but you'd have to take a second and read the title of the thread to know that

tl77

I'm not blind. Dumbo is moving to where Hunny Hunt FP distribution is located. Which is on the opposite side of the parade route as the StarJets. But I'm sure you've been to Tokyo a half dozen times and are an expert.
HAHA! OK? you sure you're not blind? I can se the pictures and "YOU" are clearly full of it

tl77

They've got a good idea about rebuilding IASW. From the art, it looks like the DL version. I hope this proves popular there. I would love for them to do that here!

Well in Tokyo they built this Alice in Wonderland restaurant called "The Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall" that turned out to be really popular, it's near the tea cups ride and right in front of It's a Small World, this is what it looks like

And when they were working up ideas for Orlando's New Fantasyland, one of the "runner up" concepts was expanding Alice themed attractions
wdwalice2.jpg

wdwalice3.jpg

While this stuff didn't make the cut for Orlando (at least not yet anyway) it looks like something similar to this Alice stuff is going into It's a Small World in Tokyo now

...and if they did move Orlando's Small World, ...like if they had some plan beyond just "Tangled themed Restrooms" rigth infront of IASW, or if the new Cars attraction for the Hollywood Studios ends up recycling, re-themeing, and relocating the Tomorrowland Speedway cars... and there was suddenly no need for the Speedway track? it might look a little something like this...

NFL2-Tomorrowland001.jpg

or if they really want it to look like Disneyland's original, outside the berm like this
NFL2-Tomorrowland002.jpg

Sped2424

This is supposed to be about how Tokyo's New Fantasyland relates to Orlando's New Fantasyland, but you'd have to take a second and read the title of the thread to know that
ah yes forgive me the thread which has covered such orlando topics such as the star jets placement and the various improvements going into tdr. Or disney lands toontown and it's Tomorrowland. I am sure this thread isn't a smorgishboard of topics.

imagineer boy

Sorry, I don't pay $100+ to look at just "incredible" theming like cardboard cutouts and empty play areas. Toontown is not one of the bright spots of Disneyland or really any Disney park. Unlike Who Framed Roger Rabbit, the theme park versions aren't fully developed or fleshed out.

If Toontown consisted of this, I might consider it a worthwhile area:
  1. Toontown Trolley (E-ticket simulator through Toontown) - 42"
  2. Roger Rabbit's CarToon Spin (spinning trackless dark ride) - all ages
  3. Plane Crazy (family suspended coaster) - 38"
  4. Mickey's Philharmagic (clone of show, with some updates) - all ages
  5. Chip and Dale's Treetop Tumble (mini-swings ride) - 32"
  6. Donald's Boat (actual, interactive, multi-level water play area)
  7. Fab Five Experience (M&G/walkthrough with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto)
At least that would give Toontown four attractions teens/adults won't hate. Toontown is way too exclusively targeting little kids for me to like it. I prefer areas that have something for everyone.

True, i won't lie, ToonTown has been in a sad state of decline no thanks to budget cuts and stupid complaining parents. Still, I think if they brought it back to it's former glory and added some new things then it would be worth it. Much better logic than saying "it sucks now, get rid of it."

lazyboy97o

There isn't much of a connection nor do these plans represent hopes for the future.

mahnamahna101

10 years to build that? At least they're sticking with the Disney timescale of buildings things.
In OLC's defense, they seem like the types to build first and announce later. They only stated the basics of their expansion and infrastructure enhancements.

Give them some time to work out the details. Especially if the earliest any of this will open is 2017.

twilight mitsuk

Well in Tokyo they built this Alice in Wonderland restaurant called "The Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall" that turned out to be really popular, it's near the tea cups ride and right in front of It's a Small World, this is what it looks like

And when they were working up ideas for Orlando's New Fantasyland, one of the "runner up" concepts was expanding Alice themed attractions
wdwalice2.jpg

wdwalice3.jpg

While this stuff didn't make the cut for Orlando (at least not yet anyway) it looks like something similar to this Alice stuff is going into It's a Small World in Tokyo now

...and if they did move Orlando's Small World, ...like if they had some plan beyond just "Tangled themed Restrooms" rigth infront of IASW, or if the new Cars attraction for the Hollywood Studios ends up recycling, re-themeing, and relocating the Tomorrowland Speedway cars... and there was suddenly no need for the Speedway track? it might look a little something like this...

NFL2-Tomorrowland001.jpg

or if they really want it to look like Disneyland's original, outside the berm like this
NFL2-Tomorrowland002.jpg

Why they don't just move IASW to another park

BrerJon

10 years of expansion - this is the first piece of a larger, 10-year puzzle. Their version of New Fantasyland will open before the decade it out, with time to spare.

Yup we still haven't been told why they're moving IASW either, so there are plenty of things yet to be revealed (or even decided most likely).

The plan is for ten years of investment, including the newly announced areas among other things, as opposed to ten years just to construct what has already been revealed.

I'll be surprised if what we know so far isn't up and running by the end of 2017, not too much longer than it took Universal to build Diagon Alley, which most people agree was a constructed far faster than Disney snails pace.

mp2bill

This news should make WDW fans blood boil. It is so obvious how little Disney cares or values their american guests when a tiny company in Japan is giving their Disney park a far more substantial investment than the multi-billion dollar Disney megacorp will ever dare spend on new rides and attractions at Walt Disney World. I would get offended but i've seen this happening since Tokyo Disneysea in 2001. This is just the latest example especially when compared to the absolute joke of offerings at "new fantasyland" in Orlando.
Typical American company. They do the minimal amount to keep guests coming back for more. And like typical Americans, we go crazy over slight improvements and then complain about them later.

Progress.City

wdwalice2.jpg

wdwalice3.jpg

NFL2-Tomorrowland001.jpg

NFL2-Tomorrowland002.jpg

Wow! Have you seen the redo of the Alice in Wonderland dark ride at DL? The original was cool, but the redo is amazing! I had the privilege of riding it earlier this year and thought that this is what WDW needed! That with DL's version of IASW would go nicely together if ever cloned for WDW! One can dream...

Little Green Men

I've never been to TDL so please correct me if I'm wrong but looking at the maps it looks like Tomorrowland only has 7 attractions (or 6 as Captain EO isn't listed on the main website, are they replacing it?) If they take away the Star Jets and Raceway then tl will only have 5 attractions?

xstech25

People like to bash WDW for being cheap but the reality is that Tokyo Disneyland need this badly because the park has basically never been upgraded. Fantasyland there is extremely tacky and they still have the old Tomorrowland! The park looks stuck in the 70s even though it was built in the 80s.

Tokyo_Disney_2013_Day2_52x900.jpg

TokyoDisneylandTomorrowlandEntrance.jpg

tdl07121416.JPG

Say what you want about MK not being kept up to date, but you can't seriously say Tokyo Disneyland has gotten more capex for upgrades over the years. Also, similar to Orlando, it doesn't look like they are getting a new e-ticket in New Fantasyland. I see a Beasts castle, a big garden thing, an Alice dark ride, relocated Dumbo, and Small World (amongst infrastructure improvements).

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom