New Fantasyland Tokyo/Orlando

lazyboy97o

I'm not saying it's moving, I'm using it to explain the basic theory of "urban renewal". Which is where if you have a slum neighborhood in a big city, and knock down the blight and then build an upscale apartment building in the middle of it, all kinds of businesses, shops, and restaurants, will move in around it to accommodate the people drawn to the upscale apartment building. In Tokyo they seem to have realized that Tomorrowland is a slum, and Small World is an upscale apartment building
Yeah, that sort of renewal theory was discredited decades ago. There are no slum like qualities in Tomorrowland. The attraction is moving due to structural issues with its building. A more likely explanation is that moving can minimize downtime and lost capacity.

GiveMeTheMusic

Yeah, that sort of renewal theory was discredited decades ago. There are no slum like qualities in Tomorrowland. The attraction is moving due to structural issues with its building. A more likely explanation is that moving can minimize downtime and lost capacity.

OLC has proven time and again they are not afraid of doing what needs to be done in their parks, regardless of expense. If small world at WDW had structural issues, nothing would be done about it until a ceiling panel fell on a guest. And then the ride would just be closed indefinitely for "reimagineering".

Progress.City

oh yeah I've seen video of it, pretty cool, they're doing that kind of thing to all the DL dark rides right?

and I think if the did do DL's version of IASW for WDW they should group it with Alice and maybe Tinker bell Meet and greet, and have this little "Mary Blair-land" of giant flowers with curly-q leaves
The video does the ride no justice. You have to experience it. You feel like you are "floating" at places. The last time I felt that in a ride was during the Omimax scene of Horizons!

Yeah, the rumor is that all the dark rides will get upgrades. You probably read the same Miceage report I did.

Progress.City

The urban renewal theory can apply to EC, though, where you do have actual pavillions boarded up, but that gets off topic.

Progress.City

OLC has proven time and again they are not afraid of doing what needs to be done in their parks, regardless of expense. If small world at WDW had structural issues, nothing would be done about it until a ceiling panel fell on a guest. And then the ride would just be closed indefinitely for "reimagineering".
No. They would just put a giant net over the ceiling and keep it open. See Splash Mountain before its most excellent refurbishment.

Progress.City

If it was applicable then Mission: SPACE being built would have saved Wonders of Life.
Good point, but M:S hasn't become the attraction that makes people want to go EC... Maybe there's some people going to EC because they've been driven by that desire of "gotta have to see" M:S, but for the most part M:S has not been a driving force in EC attendance. Soaring, on the other hand, has.

That said, it's a good bet that Soaring will add capacity and get an upgrade, while something may be in the works for Imagination next door!

tl77

Uh? check out the Bowery in NYC, and you can stop trolling now Ok?

tl77

The video does the ride no justice. You have to experience it. You feel like you are "floating" at places. The last time I felt that in a ride was during the Omimax scene of Horizons!

Yeah, the rumor is that all the dark rides will get upgrades. You probably read the same Miceage report I did.

That does sound pretty good. I'm going to WDW next week to see a lot the New Fantasyland stuff for the first time

By the way, I see your new on here, I feel I should warn you that there seem to be a fair amount of people on this site who live in the past and fear change, and will start random arguments with you if you admit liking anything new ...so you might want to look out for that

Progress.City

That does sound pretty good. I'm going to WDW next week to see a lot the New Fantasyland stuff for the first time

By the way, I see your new on here, I feel I should warn you that there seem to be a fair amount of people on this site who live in the past and fear change, and will start random arguments with you if you admit liking anything new ...so you might want to look out for that
Thanks for the heads up! I've been lurking here for well over 10 years. I'm well aware of what you're talking about and I'm ready for them! I'll have a whole website of media to back me up if anyone wants to start with me. I've lurked and learned. lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom