New Fantasyland Tokyo/Orlando

SweetDuffy101

Original Poster
According to Dpost.jp this expansion plan at tokyo was a joined project with magic kingdoms fantasyland and according to the article the construction was to begin in 2011 and to open in 2013's 30th Celebration. as part of its offerings .

tl77

A little more info from Disney, they say it's starting March 2015 and will be a 10 year plan

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/blog/multi-year-expansion-announced-tokyo-disney-resort

The interesting part to me is that TDL's concept art takes over Toon Town and their version of the Tomorrowland Speedway, "it's a small world" and the building that would be Cosmic Ray's at MK
B1OTLeLCUAEILah.jpg:large

Last edited:

Captain Neo

This news should make WDW fans blood boil. It is so obvious how little Disney cares or values their american guests when a tiny company in Japan is giving their Disney park a far more substantial investment than the multi-billion dollar Disney megacorp will ever dare spend on new rides and attractions at Walt Disney World. I would get offended but i've seen this happening since Tokyo Disneysea in 2001. This is just the latest example especially when compared to the absolute joke of offerings at "new fantasyland" in Orlando.

Progress.City

By all information out in the wild nope ... most likely getting some old Parisian phase 2 plans I would think like BATB AA tiki-room-esque show, Alice in wonderland ride, and most likely upgrades to pre-exisiting rides
That doesn't sound right. I would think they would at least get those two attractions I mentioned. TDL seems to be a mesh of the best of what's at DL and MK. A FLE there that includes these two attractions would continue that tradition.

tl77

That doesn't sound right. I would think they would at least get those two attractions I mentioned. TDL seems to be a mesh of the best of what's at DL and MK. A FLE there that includes these two attractions would continue that tradition.

Tokyo Disney Sea already has a huge Little Mermaid themed area, but it looks they are adding the MK's Beauty and the Beast restaurant, possibly Gaston's Village, some of DL's new Fantasy Faire type buildings and a new Small World on top of the TDL's race track. Plus they seem to be replacing the Space rockets with a new Dumbo, and replacing the existing Small World with something Alice in Wonderland related... but so much of that concept art is "not-to-scale" and I've apparently been wrong a few times already

Progress.City

Tokyo Disney Sea already has a huge Little Mermaid themed area, but it looks they are adding the MK's Beauty and the Beast restaurant, possibly Gaston's Village, some of DL's new Fantasy Faire type buildings and a new Small World on top of the TDL's race track. Plus they seem to be replacing the Space rockets with a new Dumbo, and replacing the existing Small World with something Alice in Wonderland related... but so much of that concept art is "not-to-scale" and I've apparently been wrong a few times already
They've got a good idea about rebuilding IASW. From the art, it looks like the DL version. I hope this proves popular there. I would love for them to do that here!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom