New Fantasmic! - Live Stream, Videos, Reviews, Reactions

Kman101

WDW's Fantasmic is the epitome of modern WDW. Big, soulless and beloved by millions of midwestern moms.

True, but I wouldn't say the show is "souleless" it's just dated with no tech upgrades. It's really not a bad show and in terms of story it's not all that different from Disneyland's. But I agree with the overall point made. I know it's fun to look down at WDW but not everything is awful and terrible. I'll go back in my hole now ... LOL

Rich T

...Transition into scene, fail. It should blast into those iconic pirate chords, and a cannon blast. Lose Barbossa, not needed.
Just watched a couple of Youtube videos of the new Fantasmic. Loved everything except Pirates. If they're going to keep it, they should at least lose the Barbossa intro and Sparrow close. Live action on the screens really doesn't fit the rest of the show at all. They might as well project the live-action Beauty and the Beast. I'm surprised and grateful they didn't.

JD2000

How is the view from the stand-by area? Is it really that bad? Any hope of getting a fastpass at 4:30pm in late september?

Emmanuel

How is the view from the stand-by area? Is it really that bad? Any hope of getting a fastpass at 4:30pm in late september?

The fast passes for the non-dining guests have been really limited given the area they're given. The stand by sections provide some good views but you have to choose the area carefully as there are multiple stand-by viewing areas. The most popular standby viewing area seems to be the bridge above the Pirates of the Caribbean entrance which is where I watched the show on July 15th during its soft opening. Great view but the trees by the ride entrance and the light poles ahead are a bit of an obstacle if you're taking pictures from there.

By September the fastpass might still run out before lunch so until the demand dies down, you might want to think about going at opening just to be safe.

Sped2424

I totally forgot you were coming out here! How was your trip, overall?
It was really good!!! Didn't sleep much thanks to d23 and parks all being back to back :cyclops: Lol So I went into hibernation when I came back to florida! But man was this 2.0 so great! The only thing I would tweak is that annoying girl who keeps demanding jack rescue her to get some new dialogue.

Californian Elitist

It was really good!!! Didn't sleep much thanks to d23 and parks all being back to back :cyclops: Lol So I went into hibernation when I came back to florida! But man was this 2.0 so great! The only thing I would tweak is that annoying girl who keeps demanding jack rescue her to get some new dialogue.

Fantastic to hear! Nothing like catching up on sleep after a vacation. Lol.

Californian Elitist

I went to dinner with family last night at Café Orleans and caught the new Fantasmic! (with seating, too!). My family, including myself, loved it. Videos never do live shows, rides, etc. any justice, which is why I never take the "opinions" of those without first-hand experience seriously. The lighting and sound, all superb. The fountains were a nice touch, and they didn't impose on the show (definitely NOT WoC). They were very subtle. I almost lost my mind when the new Lion King section appeared. The Lion King is, by far, far, and away, my favorite Disney film and one of my favorite films in general. Although I miss Pan, a whole lot, I did enjoy the Pirates segment. I thought the lightning and thunder effects made it more...interesting, I guess? In saying this, I would love it if Pan returned. I'm glad Mickey doesn't wave anymore in the beginning. I thought I'd miss it, but I prefer what he does now.

Loved the show, but I'm upset about the loss of the Evil Queen/Wicked Witch effect. It was a neat effect and they should absolutely put it back in the show. Anyways, we ended up staying for the fireworks and MSEP. We had a great night.

On a side note, we struck up a conversation with a friendly family who had also had Café Orleans for dinner. The couple had two of their granddaughters with them, and while they were sweet, they were confused as to why we were talking to them, since we were strangers (they were young girls). The grandmother told them not to worry because Disneyland fans are family you've yet to meet. Couldn't agree more.

JD2000

The fast passes for the non-dining guests have been really limited given the area they're given. The stand by sections provide some good views but you have to choose the area carefully as there are multiple stand-by viewing areas. The most popular standby viewing area seems to be the bridge above the Pirates of the Caribbean entrance which is where I watched the show on July 15th during its soft opening. Great view but the trees by the ride entrance and the light poles ahead are a bit of an obstacle if you're taking pictures from there.

By September the fastpass might still run out before lunch so until the demand dies down, you might want to think about going at opening just to be safe.
Thank you for the information.

How do you know the exact location of each of the stand-by areas? We don't really have much choice on the dates we visit. We arrive in the afternoon on the one day it will be showing during our trip.

Emmanuel

Thank you for the information.

How do you know the exact location of each of the stand-by areas? We don't really have much choice on the dates we visit. We arrive in the afternoon on the one day it will be showing during our trip.

The guest control cast members working the show can help you out with the stand by viewing locations. Also, for the first show, the stand by viewing areas won't open until at least 7pm so I suggest roaming around New Orleans Square at least 15 minutes before so you can ask the CMs for the help you need.

vancee

Since they were going for a more Mickey presence, I actually wouldn't have minded Mickey being on the Ghost Ship. It would've been pretty cool... him watching the fight and chaos going on the ship in his imagination.

Emmanuel

I saw the 9 pm showing tonight, they projected Aladdin on the screens and the carpet effect was absent.

The carpet broke this past Monday which caused the show to stop midway. So I guess they're still fixing it. Last time I saw Fantasmic it only worked 1 out of 3
Times it was shown. The other 2 times, the did apppear but the carpet did not move

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom