New Fantasmic! - Live Stream, Videos, Reviews, Reactions

MoonRakerSCM

... only one of its many problems.
It suffers from what most of the show suffers from... they wanted to make it 'new' and 'refreashed' but still honor the 'old' show... so in doing so they make a mess of a performance.

There's no reason for anyone to be floundering around the back of the boat at the end of the pirate sequence... they simply do it because it was in the old show... but in the old show it made SENSE due to the presence of a float, and being related to a specific aspect in a Disney film.

SuddenStorm

There's no reason for anyone to be floundering around the back of the boat at the end of the pirate sequence... they simply do it because it was in the old show... but in the old show it made SENSE due to the presence of a float, and being related to a specific aspect in a Disney film.

There's also no reason for a show that attempts to integrate Mickey into every scene possible having a live action segment completely void of any reference to Mickey or fantasy. It's a dark dreary segment (albeit really well lit) at a time when the show is supposed to be happy and exciting.

VJ

There's also no reason for a show that attempts to integrate Mickey into every scene possible having a live action segment completely void of any reference to Mickey or fantasy. It's a dark dreary segment (albeit really well lit) at a time when the show is supposed to be happy and exciting.
Mr. Smee telling Captain Hook to "Cleave [Pan] to the brisket!" is totally happy. Totally.

SuddenStorm

Mr. Smee telling Captain Hook to "Cleave [Pan] to the brisket!" is totally happy. Totally.
It's lighthearted fun that is much better executed than "You have something I want" "DONT BE BOLD" "Still need a rescue?" "NOT FROM YOU I DONT" "MY COMPASS" "YOU HAVE MY COMPASS" "MY COMPASS".

Could that one line be better? Probably. But it reminds me of the animated classic, whereas the pirates segment doesn't really feel like "Pirates" to me.

Mr Smee, Captain Hook, Pan, Wendy are much more charming than whatever that Pirates scene is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom