New Fanstasy Land - effects not working.

lazyboy97o

Yes but obviously fantasy land isn't complete in its entirety and since it is new they will obviously run into issues and complications hence the work in progress.
No, the areas that are open are complete and The Little Mermaid in particular had been in operation in California for over a year before opening in Florida.

Sped2424

No, the areas that are open are complete and The Little Mermaid in particular had been in operation in California for over a year before opening in Florida.
The only ones that were open in California was the little mermaid and as with anything new like I said regardless of whether it was in California or not they are still going to run into technical issues every now and again because its still different equipment and still beginning its operations.

ExtinctJenn

Honestly I think all of these little issues are the result of rushing the project. Let's be honest, tons of people complained about how long it was taking but if you really sit back and realize how much they did, they rushed things in my opinion.

phi2134

Honestly I think all of these little issues are the result of rushing the project. Let's be honest, tons of people complained about how long it was taking but if you really sit back and realize how much they did, they rushed things in my opinion.

To me I don't think they rushed this at all. They already had the opportunity to test things and Build TLM in California and they should have known all of the obstacles. Yes they did a lot of themeing, but this should be pretty basic stuff to them by now. I used to think that this was well worth the wait, but with the time frame they did it in, to me it could have been done a lot quicker and a lot more stable.

ExtinctJenn

To me I don't think they rushed this at all. They already had the opportunity to test things and Build TLM in California and they should have known all of the obstacles. Yes they did a lot of themeing, but this should be pretty basic stuff to them by now. I used to think that this was well worth the wait, but with the time frame they did it in, to me it could have been done a lot quicker and a lot more stable.
I think that's maybe the key... the theming of the area was so extreme maybe time that should've been spent testing. Sure they tested in California but ultimately just because you have the same attraction at another park doesn't mean you won't have different issues.

Sped2424

I think that's maybe the key... the theming of the area was so extreme maybe time that should've been spent testing. Sure they tested in California but ultimately just because you have the same attraction at another park doesn't mean you won't have different issues.
My point exactly thank you!

lazyboy97o

If that were the case it is only because Disney has destroyed their institutional memory. The guy programming figures isn't doing a shoddy job because he's tired after a day of rock work sculpting.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

Just like they are rushing Dwarf. 4 maybe 5 Universal projects are going to open to Disney's Dwarf. This summer it will be Transformers vs Princess Meet and Greet. I only half agree that Fantasyland was rushed. They kept changing their minds, were not focused and it took much longer than it should, in reality it would be finished if the Imagineers came out with a winner of a concept instead of their original Fairyland concept. And they could not have bulldozed the area of Tangled Restrooms and started on that end of the expansion long before they did why? Not really a question, it just shows how disjointed this whole project was. I still think the funniest Fail is the fence around Casey Jr. Who puts a wrought iron fence in the middle of a splash area? Poor imagineering.

notatmcdonalds

Just shoving her head in a bag just looks so tacky especially when you know what was there. :( I was shocked when I saw this. I was like oh no they didnt.

broke.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Just shoving her head in a bag just looks so tacky especially when you know what was there. :( I was shocked when I saw this. I was like oh no they didnt.

I actually don't think the bad looks that bad. If you didn't know the wardrobe was an anamatronic ahead of time you might not even realize something was wrong. It's a shame that it broke down already, but I don't see the bag as a bad solution until it's fixed.

Just like they are rushing Dwarf. 4 maybe 5 Universal projects are going to open to Disney's Dwarf. This summer it will be Transformers vs Princess Meet and Greet. I only half agree that Fantasyland was rushed. They kept changing their minds, were not focused and it took much longer than it should, in reality it would be finished if the Imagineers came out with a winner of a concept instead of their original Fairyland concept. And they could not have bulldozed the area of Tangled Restrooms and started on that end of the expansion long before they did why? Not really a question, it just shows how disjointed this whole project was. I still think the funniest Fail is the fence around Casey Jr. Who puts a wrought iron fence in the middle of a splash area? Poor imagineering.

I don't know if we can really blame Imagineering for the fence. Although we don't know what actually happened, the general concensous is that this was a last minute change probably driven by some over protective legal concern. Probably more a case of back communication between departments.

MerlinTheGoat

Another quality job by Garner Holt.
I doubt this is Garner Holt's fault, but rather a problem with WDW's own maintenance team, or rather the people in charge that have neglected to order them to fix it. Animatronics tend to break when they're not maintained properly, even brand new ones. It doesn't matter who made the figure if there's not an effort to perform proper maintenance on it. These tend to be temperamental show elements regardless of who made them. The trick to dealing with problems like this is to fix them as soon as they break. Not allow them to remain in this unacceptable state for weeks, months, or forever.

As said many times on these forums, there was a time not too long ago that having broken show elements like this (let alone for such a prolonged period of time) was something that the Disney company itself considered unacceptable. If a show element was broken (even small ones), it was fixed almost immediately. They used to pride themselves on their incredible maintenance policies, a standard they set for themselves but no longer abide by at WDW (apparently this standard is still at least somewhat alive at other Disney resorts, I hear at both California and especially Tokyo).

And that is apparently the problem. The wardrobe I hear has been this way for quite some time and they don't seem to have done anything to try to correct it... One hopes with a new president at WDW maintenance will start improving but the longer this remains this way, the bleaker things will look. Unlike Splash Mountain, I wouldn't see why they'd have to close the entire attraction for a long time to fix the wardrobe. I'm betting the issue could be corrected overnight.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

broke.jpg
This is how she looked when we toured during a "dress rehearsal" in November.
I had already viewed the entire attraction online prior to going, so I knew that there had been a wardrobe malfunction. The rest of my party, however, had no idea that anything was amiss.

I knew they moved at DCA. I meant that I had thought the ones at WDW just didn't. Are the WDW ones supposed to move? From the early soft openings the videos showed them unmoving.

I may be going crazy, but I was under the assumption that Mermaid was designed for WDW and built at DL first. Somebody's got to remember this from the early days of the project.

Jose

When I saw the video of this atracttion on the Platinum edition of TLM it was with the prince eric's castle, just like the one at new fantasyland :)

Neverland

My summary and answers of/to multiple things in this thread:

Flotsam and Jetsam are now working and the stingrays on the moving belt have been repainted.

Casey Jr. has a fence because of a stink with ADA about it not being wheelchair accessible.

Putting a bag over the wardrobe's head is pretty much the only thing that can be done. Just freezing her face wouldn't work because a lot of the time, the problem is that her eye screens are displaying things other than eyes (like a windows startup screen).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom