New Fanstasy Land - effects not working.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I don't know if we can really blame Imagineering for the fence. Although we don't know what actually happened, the general concensous is that this was a last minute change probably driven by some over protective legal concern. Probably more a case of back communication between departments.

Huh? Last minute changes by Imagineers changing their original consensus? What is this legal concern about the Fairies? One knew there was going to be a Fairyland and one didn't. I don't think the excuse floats. I believe they imagineered some bad choices in the beginning. No way can I buy into the theory that the Fantasyland mess is because Disney didn't communicate between departments.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Huh? Last minute changes by Imagineers changing their original consensus? What is this legal concern about the Fairies? One knew there was going to be a Fairyland and one didn't. I don't think the excuse floats. I believe they imagineered some bad choices in the beginning. No way can I buy into the theory that the Fantasyland mess is because Disney didn't communicate between departments.

I was specifically addressing the fence around Casey Jr. I think this is a case where Imagineering designed something they felt was fine, but maybe the legal departed wasn't happy with it thus the need for the fence.

As for Pixie hollow, again I don't see this as an Imageering issue. I doubt it was WDI's choice to cut Pixie Hollow from the plan.

Sped2424

This is how she looked when we toured during a "dress rehearsal" in November.
I had already viewed the entire attraction online prior to going, so I knew that there had been a wardrobe malfunction. The rest of my party, however, had no idea that anything was amiss.
Yeah she is right they put her in that when she is malfunctioning usually by the next day she is working and she hasn't been down for a while its just sometimes she doesnt wanna perform and sometimes she does. Very primadonna.

aladdin2007

Last week all the animatronics in the under the sea room were turned off. Except for the spinning fish from the ceiling. Everything else, Ariel, and all the rest just stood there motionless, was horrible show. Are they back on this week?

Neverland

Last week all the animatronics in the under the sea room were turned off. Except for the spinning fish from the ceiling. Everything else, Ariel, and all the rest just stood there motionless, was horrible show. Are they back on this week?

Likely what happened was someone threw something at the animatronics. They have beams around them and will stop if the beam is broken. It's partially a defense mechanism and partially so someone doesn't get hit with a spinning fiberglass octopus arm. The only way to start them again is for a CM to stop the ride, go in, and reset them right there.

notatmcdonalds

Likely what happened was someone threw something at the animatronics. They have beams around them and will stop if the beam is broken. It's partially a defense mechanism and partially so someone doesn't get hit with a spinning fiberglass octopus arm. The only way to start them again is for a CM to stop the ride, go in, and reset them right there.
lol yes i want to get out of my clamshell and take a private tour around the room. and yes everything was working when i went. i found the hidden mickey too! (its in the same room) i know at belles enchanted tales they put the security camera that was pretty obvious outside the house on the covered shelf area in a bird house and can now not be seen.

RSoxNo1

I doubt this is Garner Holt's fault, but rather a problem with WDW's own maintenance team, or rather the people in charge that have neglected to order them to fix it. Animatronics tend to break when they're not maintained properly, even brand new ones. It doesn't matter who made the figure if there's not an effort to perform proper maintenance on it. These tend to be temperamental show elements regardless of who made them. The trick to dealing with problems like this is to fix them as soon as they break. Not allow them to remain in this unacceptable state for weeks, months, or forever.

As said many times on these forums, there was a time not too long ago that having broken show elements like this (let alone for such a prolonged period of time) was something that the Disney company itself considered unacceptable. If a show element was broken (even small ones), it was fixed almost immediately. They used to pride themselves on their incredible maintenance policies, a standard they set for themselves but no longer abide by at WDW (apparently this standard is still at least somewhat alive at other Disney resorts, I hear at both California and especially Tokyo).

And that is apparently the problem. The wardrobe I hear has been this way for quite some time and they don't seem to have done anything to try to correct it... One hopes with a new president at WDW maintenance will start improving but the longer this remains this way, the bleaker things will look. Unlike Splash Mountain, I wouldn't see why they'd have to close the entire attraction for a long time to fix the wardrobe. I'm betting the issue could be corrected overnight.
Garner Holt took over all maintenance on the animatronics.

Genie of the Lamp

Besides taking over all the maintenance on the animatronics in NFL, does Garner Holt for the most part take care of the animatronics at every disney park now a days @RSoxNo1? I thought I read somewhere on here that Garner Holt not to long ago reached an agreement with Disney saying that they will oversee maintenance to all their park animatronics but I could be wrong.

RSoxNo1

Besides taking over all the maintenance on the animatronics in NFL, does Garner Holt for the most part take care of the animatronics at every disney park now a days @RSoxNo1? I thought I read somewhere on here that Garner Holt not to long ago reached an agreement with Disney saying that they will oversee maintenance to all their park animatronics but I could be wrong.
My understanding was that Garner Holt pretty much does everything animatronic related. I'm sure there are a few people that can either confirm or deny this.

MerlinTheGoat

Really? I knew Disney no longer makes their own animatronics and Garner Holt does it for them. But I was under the impression that maintenance for animatronics was still handled by Disney themselves.

But there are other parks that use Garner Holt animatronics and probably hand the maintenance off to them as well right? I heard Universal uses Garner Holt figures, but I don't really hear any complaints about broken AA's there. I'm assuming the same goes for Disneyland as well, and again there aren't many (if any) complaints about broken animatronics there. There still seems to be a discrepancy between WDW and other parks in terms of animatronic maintenance, and WDW still seems to be suffering from severe issues in that regard.

If Garner Holt really are the ones handling maintenance, my only guess as to why there's some sort of maintenance quality discrepancy between different parks is that Disney still has to pay for a Garner Holt maintenance person to come and fix whatever is broken. Given WDW's track record, that's the only thing that makes any sense. I'm guessing WDW management just doesn't want to pay up and would rather just keep it broken.

BrightImagine

Poor Madame with a bag over her head looks creepy... like she died.

Maybe what she needs is a top facade without facial features that can be snapped over her face in the event of a technical problem. Then it would look like a wardrobe that hasn't come to life, versus an enchanted wardrobe that has expired.

RSoxNo1

Courtesy of the Facebook group of my former podcast...
2jz6h1.jpg

WDWFREAK53

Here is a list of issues I noticed last week.

1. Wardrobe Malfunction
2. First screen in Under the Sea with Ariel had an "LG" screen saver bouncing around.
3. Green fish in the Under the Sea room weren't moving.

Sign outside of Enchanted Tales was working (Candlestick)
Flotsam and Jetsam were both "talking" and moving

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom