New Fanstasy Land - effects not working.

nolatron

Was there last week as well. Only issue I saw was the first time we rode Mermaid on Tuesday Ariel was motionless in the Under the Sea room along with the Green Fish on the rock. We rode again Friday and Ariel was moving again. I never knew they got rid of the ice cream cone hair.

Everything else though worked when I rode as well. Wardrobe looked great on Friday morning.

2. First screen in Under the Sea with Ariel had an "LG" screen saver bouncing around.

I did notice the screen on to of you at the beginning where Ariel is swimming around needs to be bumped over a little to the left. You can see the edge of the monitor where some of the rocks kinda cut away at the lower left side. The water doesn't fully go behind the rocks and kills the illusion some if you notice it.

Now there were also 2 times (once on Tuesday, once on Saturday) that right as we walked up for our fastpass time the ride was being closed for whatever reason.

WDWFREAK53

I don't know which screen are you talking about :confused:

At the beginning of the attraction, as you're traveling backwards, there is a screen above you that shows Ariel swimming. Just prior to that...off to your left, there is a screen on the wall. That wall screen had the LG screen saver on it.

icecreamrules

Went to visit Belle on sun 17th at 11:20pm, cast member standing out front not letting anyone inside because "Maurice was causing a ruckus" lol - luckily I checked my lines app and it said it was up and running 1/2hr later, so I got in line. The mirror effect was amazing! But sadly the wardrobe wasn't working.

icecreamrules

We also have a 12 min video of Ariel singing in front of her treasures, as we got stuck there. Couldn't get the song out if my head for the longest time! But flotsam and jetsam were working so yea!

ExtinctJenn

I am so so disappointed to hear that the wardrobe issue seems to still be happening. I'm pleased to hear flotsom and jetsom are fixed but not so pleased that it was apparently in favor of other things now not working. I am kind of happy that I've not watched videos or seen the attraction(s) yet because I figure I may not notice that stuff isn't working as it should when we're there in a little over a week. That said however, I will be SO disappointed if the wardrobe is wearing a bag over her head. That is the one thing in that "attraction" I was looking forward to.

icecreamrules

I was curious to see what the wardrobe looked like working, so I youtubed it - the CM in the video looks rushed to pick the cast and instruct in-between the wardrobe talking. I also noticed there are more parts to the story when the wardrobe is working! When I went and the CM had to act both the wardrobe and give out the parts, he only handed out the following parts:
  • 2 suits of armor
  • the Beast
  • Maurice
  • Phillipe
  • Mrs Potts & Chip
  • Enchanted Portraits
He did NOT include:
  • Footstool
  • Featherduster
  • Salt & Pepper shakers
  • the Wardrobe
  • asking anyone else if they wanted a part
Perhaps it was the time the CM takes to give out the parts, as it didn't go as fast as the wardrobe does in this video. (I got to be Mrs Potts!)

ExtinctJenn

I was curious to see what the wardrobe looked like working, so I youtubed it - the CM in the video looks rushed to pick the cast and instruct in-between the wardrobe talking.
One would assume that the CMs are trained to know when she's going to start speaking again BUT it sure seems like it wouldn't be tough to put her on a remote of sorts if it was truly an issue. Heck they wouldn't even need a remote... they would just need to use whatever technology is in the Hallmark toys that respond to books when they are read. They recognize when specific phrases are said out loud and then respond to them accordingly. I see no reason Disney couldn't have done that.

Rescue Ranger

Can you ask someone near the ride or a CM if Wardrobe is working? Will they tell you? I don't want to wait for the show if she's out of service.
Yes....well, as long as you do it subtle. One time I asked and the guy wouldn't even look at me because I guess we cannot speak like "that". I should've asked "is Wardrobe awake today", instead of "working" I guess. I waited 30min last week only to find out she was broken, among tons of other non-working elements as you get into the workshop, which caused us to wait another 30min stuck in that room. Once we finally got into the Wardrobe room to see the cushion helmet on her, we just left. An hour wasted.

So next visit I went up and asked 2 different CMs and I was told she was working. However when we got into the workshop, once again everything broke down and we had to wait 20min again for everything to work and reboot the mirror(which they tried to get us to ignore by describing some of Maurice's inventions behind us and every last detail in the room). Then we finally made our way in and Wardrobe was FULLY functional!!! They even picked me to be one of the Knights lol, it was fun and definitely an experience to remember. When she is working, Wardrobe is really awesome to see :)

SkipperButler

One would assume that the CMs are trained to know when she's going to start speaking again BUT it sure seems like it wouldn't be tough to put her on a remote of sorts if it was truly an issue. Heck they wouldn't even need a remote... they would just need to use whatever technology is in the Hallmark toys that respond to books when they are read. They recognize when specific phrases are said out loud and then respond to them accordingly. I see no reason Disney couldn't have done that.

Wardrobe is on a set spiel so that way the Cast Member doesn't take longer than necessary, it's an efficiency thing. Same thing with the stretch rooms at Haunted Mansion, they start up whether or not everyone is completely in the room or not. It keeps the already long Belle queue from getting even longer. As for appearing rushed, it all depends on how well the Cast Member knows the Wardrobe's spiel and is able to act accordingly.

So is it the mirror that keeps breaking that causes the wait to become so insane? When I did it, the wait was thirty minutes-I waited at least an hour, but the line behind me never actually got any longer...there were not many people in line and the show is fairly short, I was quite confused. The wardrobe was also non functioning.

SkipperButler

So is it the mirror that keeps breaking that causes the wait to become so insane? When I did it, the wait was thirty minutes-I waited at least an hour, but the line behind me never actually got any longer...there were not many people in line and the show is fairly short, I was quite confused. The wardrobe was also non functioning.

My friends who work the attraction say the mirror is actually quite reliable. The main problem is from the entertainment inside the actual library. If the show runs too long, then it can cause a back up in the other parts of the experience, which then causes the computer that runs the building to reset its show cycles which often takes 15 to 20 minutes.

DisneyGuyNYC

The wardrobe scantily worked in soft openings. I went 7 times and only saw her working once. The CM said she was very temperamental. I imagine its only a matter of time before she is just a full time fixture and not a functioning AA.
That is so sad and pathetic to read. :(

DizFiz

On my visit 3/7/13

The wardrobe was functioning fully... looked great and healthy... hope she stays that way for a very long time.

In the under the sea room the group of animatronics the caught my eye not working was the four green dancing fish but besides that everything else was fully functioning from what I could notice... actually had to ride it several times just to take in all the awesome animatronics in the room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom