New Fanstasy Land - effects not working.

SkipperButler

Are there any 101 figures left at WDW? I think they'll run with whatever is working or broken.
There are still actually quite a few, but it's actually up to the managers at that time to say whether the attraction goes down or not. I'm guessing, especially this week, they'll be weighing the trouble of dumping a two hour queue for Mermaid or fixing an Ariel figure that lags 5 seconds behind. It's an unfortunate Catch-22.

SkipperButler

When was the last time you heard of an attraction going 101 because of a broken AA?
I remember Pirates going down because Barbossa was missing his head. Mansion also once went down because the Singing Bust with the broken neck's projector was shifted and the face was projecting on the shoulder of the neighboring bust. Hall of Presidents also went down when Abraham Lincoln started pouring red hydraulic fluid from his arm and he started to slump over. Lumiere in the Libraries at Belle will actually cause that room to go down as well.

TalkingHead

I remember Pirates going down because Barbossa was missing his head. Mansion also once went down because the Singing Bust with the broken neck's projector was shifted and the face was projecting on the shoulder of the neighboring bust. Hall of Presidents also went down when Abraham Lincoln started pouring red hydraulic fluid from his arm and he started to slump over. Lumiere in the Libraries at Belle will actually cause that room to go down as well.

Theoretically.

But I hope you're right.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

I can write a letter to whomever I wish, thank you very much.

it sure doesn't seem like this was practical-testing or fatigue-tested enough. I would have run it 24/7 for a week to see how it took that sort of stress. That would have been much more than what it would have gone through during its daily usage in the park.

You're very melodramatic to be going on about "years" of testing. No one said anything about that, sweetie. But clearly if the Wardrobe is having technical problems this early on then it was not tested and/or built properly to handle the rigors its being put through now.

Only someone in Imagineering can answer this, but I bet these guys relied too much on computer models predicting what would happen...and not enough on old-fashioned practical testing. Car companies have been experiencing the same problems in recent decades...too much emphasis on what the computers say "should" happen instead of running exhaustive practical tests using real-world equipment.

What's also sad is that the Imagineers didn't have a "Plan B" apart from "put a cover over the head and pretend it's not there".

I love how condescending you get when someone calls you out...

They use both practical testing and computer models to predict things, but again, as I said, mechanical failures, especially when working with complex machines, do happen and are to be expected even with a brand new machine. When you have so many congruent parts... nevermind. I used years not to be dramatic but to illustrate to fully work out the bugs in anything takes a very long time and to see long-term effects and stresses takes the actual amount of time (you know, years) to actually see things...and then they are those problems that can arise that are unexpected (the most fun).

And you're right, you can write letters to whomever you damn well please but you don't need to state the fact that you will be doing so (which I doubt you seriously do anyways) every time you hear something on this forum that seems some blight against your existence. Seems pedantic and childish and very knee-jerky. Also, I would just like to state that I particularly enjoy how you flip-flop from one board to another, one minute defending Disney and all they do as a corporation and the next minute accusing the Imagineers of not doing their jobs right.

BigThunderMatt

The wardrobe scantily worked in soft openings. I went 7 times and only saw her working once. The CM said she was very temperamental. I imagine its only a matter of time before she is just a full time fixture and not a functioning AA.

I must be lucky then. I've never seen her not functioning.

Skibum1970

Okay, different joke in even poorer taste. Regarding Lincoln going down, that's twice that he went down in a theater. Poor guy. Did anyone see an actor jump down and say "Sic Semper Tyrannis"?

GeorgiaPinesRJB

Okay, different joke in even poorer taste. Regarding Lincoln going down, that's twice that he went down in a theater. Poor guy. Did anyone see an actor jump down and say "Sic Semper Tyrannis"?

Poor taste but I laughed so... yes! haha

Also, this:

tumblr_mdon7dJe341ql8dcfo1_400.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I was there on December 17th:
- Madame Wardrobe was not part of the Belle experience. Before we entered the room, I knew something was up because I couldnt hear her calling us in. When I entered, she had a fitted drapery over her heard. A CM did all the instructions for the play. Before moving into the Belle I asked a CM what was up with her. He said Madame's eye were frozen and would not move. What I found amusing, is that they had a fitted cloth over her heard, like they expected something like this to happen. It really took away from the whole thing.

- On Mermaid, on each of the snakes (dont recall their names), one of their eyes were burnt out.

Giggle. Think Casey in Storybook. Didn't take long before the little engine had to be reworked. Instead of a cloth over Casey's face, Casey received an encasing fence. Bother!

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/casey-jr-being-reassessed.839482/

tecowdw

As an extra aside, after riding for the first time yesterday, I found the Under the Sea room a total letdown. Plastic figures, limited/simple motions, and all kinds of lighting, wiring, A/C ducts, catwalks plainly visible on the ceiling. Its like they didnt even try to hide it. I guess the kiddies love the ride, but Disney's best effort it is not. The queue is gorgeous, though.
And I thought I was the only one that wasn't all impressed with the attraction. Great for kids, for sure, but seems just another Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, Pooh ride.

On the same note, for all the money they spent on the Enchanted Forest, seems a shame that only one ride and one show came out of it. Maybe once Seven Dwarfs is done it will seem like more to it. Storybook Circus is simply a spruced up re-hash of Mickey's Toon Town really - minus the mouses' houses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom