News New Experience Center to open in the Odyssey Events Pavilion

Goofyernmost

I'm so happy to see them using that building for something, even if it isn't heart stopping with excitement. I used to go into the Odyssey all the time in the early years and always felt sad that it just sat there unused. If I ever felt anger toward the management of Disney it was when they would leave buildings unused for years and years.

trainplane3

You’ll be able to visualize these exciting plans for Epcot when doors open Oct. 1, 2019, for Walt Disney Imagineering presents the Epcot Experience in the Odyssey Events Pavilion. You’ll discover engaging and interactive exhibits that showcase the relentless innovation, energy and excitement driving the park’s future throughout this unprecedented period of transformation.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...f-epcot-underway-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

trainplane3

Courtesy of everyone's secret site, this building just got "new retro" Tomorrowland'd aka some neon blue and pink walls are on the building now. It definitely adds...something?

Figments Friend

Well color me purple, and kinda excited.
Just now learning this new exhibit is opening on October 1st, and i am quite pleased that i will get to check it out while in town.
My last 'park day' will be the 1st, so i will be sure to stop in and see what is being displayed.
Well, that is IF i can get in......i am sure i will not be the only one around who will want to see what is in there, not to mention that nights' debut of 'Epcot Forever'.
This is shaping up to be a rather festive October 1st.
:)

Interested in seeing what the interior of the Odyssey looks like these days.....
Last time i was inside was for the dessert party we had for the Epcot 25th Anniversary event attendees.
Loved the 'retro' interior, and the background music playing was a scream....right out of 1979 it sounded like!
A total slice of 'retro EPCOT Center' it was, indeed.

-

DisneyDreamerxyz

I don't know if it's common knowledge but the backside of Odyssey is the castmember cafeteria for Epcot. it has a Subway, Mexican food stand and ala-carte options with plenty of seating. I imagine when Starbucks opens here it will be quite busy, I don't know if they will offer a full menu or not. but the Kitchen area is connected to the castmember cafeteria on the other side.

trainplane3

Found some pictures not from our friend.
http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2019/09/epcot-update-getting-ready-for-arrival_82.html
IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1131.jpg

Stripes

Do you want to talk about any number of incredible buildings in Singapore or Dubai, or Apple’s campus, or the Walt Disney Concert Hall?
I'm not a big fan of Frank Gehry's work. Impressive, yes. But not beautiful, IMO. My favorite Gehry project is actually the pedestrian bridge in Millennium Park in Chicago. Apple Park is a beautiful complex. Singapore and Dubai have plenty of impressive and beautiful pieces of architecture. New York, Chicago, and Singapore are my favorite cities for modern architecture.

In case it wasn't clear, I wasn't implying that there is a dearth of beautiful buildings constructed post-1980. I was really just curious what Martin's taste in architecture was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom