New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

Smiley/OCD

You'll see them at some Italian delis around here. Especially if combined with a bakery. There's a few delis that also service as a small restaurant, they usually have cannolis.

I feel like Disney's deli is going to be an amalgamation of different types of delis and they are just calling it "Northeastern"! :D

In the end I'm glad we are getting a quick service sandwich shop because sometimes I just want a sandwich!
I agree but you don’t see cannolis at a Jewish deli…meat and dairy don’t mix…but yes, I’m looking forward to a good sandwich option at WDW

Touchdown

I agree but you don’t see cannolis at a Jewish deli…meat and dairy don’t mix…but yes, I’m looking forward to a good sandwich option at WDW
You do at Italian ones though. And it’s not like they’re isn’t good delis in Florida. Mario’s in Ft Myers is amazing, it’s a deli, Italian bakery, butcher and small grocery store. Their subs are to die for, they make a meatball supreme with fresh cut Parmesan slices and Ricotta, it’s amazing. They have cannolis and other goodies.

I join you. Goodbye ESPN! Never went inside. Never wanted to. Last time I stayed at the BoardWalk, I was having an amazing final Disney day at Epcot. It was a Sunday in the fall. We walked back to the room, still full of Disney giddiness to wait for our Magical Express and walked past ESPN to the sounds of drunken fans screaming at TV screens, some were outside as well. Disney bubble popped! Not the final memory I wanted from that trip. If that makes you happy, more power to you, but it’s the wrong spot for such a place.
Was only in there once, for lunch. Pretty much deserted. I think that may have been the problem--packed to overflowing when there was a significant game on, but not attracting much business at other times. So many other better places to eat within a short walk.

dreday3

You do at Italian ones though. And it’s not like they’re isn’t good delis in Florida. Mario’s in Ft Myers is amazing, it’s a deli, Italian bakery, butcher and small grocery store. They’re subs are to die for, they make a meatball supreme with fresh cut Parmesan slices and Ricotta, it’s amazing. They have cannolis and other goodies.

Yeah, that's the exact description of delis by where we live. You said much better than I did!

Smiley/OCD

You do at Italian ones though. And it’s not like they’re isn’t good delis in Florida. Mario’s in Ft Myers is amazing, it’s a deli, Italian bakery, butcher and small grocery store. They’re subs are to die for, they make a meatball supreme with fresh cut Parmesan slices and Ricotta, it’s amazing. They have cannolis and other goodies.
I understand that…there are some awesome Italian delis by me…imported Genoa salami sliced diagonally so each slice is almost 10” long and imported Provolone…I was talking about corned beef, pastrami and cannolis…which is what Disney was describing…kinda don’t mix, but I love it all!

dreday3

I understand that…there are some awesome Italian delis by me…imported Genoa salami sliced diagonally so each slice is almost 10” long and imported Provolone…I was talking about corned beef, pastrami and cannolis…which is what Disney was describing…kinda don’t mix, but I love it all!

I'm Italian and my husband is Jewish so we both feel welcomed. 😉😂

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Hopefully the person/people who will run/manage the deli are from the tri-state area that KNOWS what real deli looks/tastes like…pastrami, corned beef, knishes, big Kosher dill pickles I hope, I hope, I HOPE!!
I understand the managers have asked for $1.3 million to visit and actually experience several delis in the TriState area...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If I had to guess, I’d say sliced in advance and cold, not hot…it won’t be REAL NY/NJ deli…the employees will also be called imagineers, cause you will imagine it’s a real deli…
Heck, if Jersey Mike's can slice fresh for each sandwich, why can't Disney?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom