New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

DCBaker

Premium Member
Photos from today - it appears framing for the bakery entrance is in progress.

IMG_8458.jpeg

IMG_8469.jpeg
IMG_8470.jpeg

IMG_8464.jpeg
IMG_8472.jpeg

KDM31091

I just don't get the Cake Bake thing. Whether or not it will be delicious, it just doesn't scream "Boardwalk" to me. As a Delaware native I am very familiar with going to the NJ shore and it doesn't feel like something you would see there, which is I thought what Disney's BW was supposed to be going for. Then again, Disney doesn't seem to care much about what "fits in" where anymore.

I think Cake Bake Shop would have made a lot more sense at Grand Floridian, especially since they don't want to reopen 1900 Park Fare - why not just put it there?

Prince-1

I just don't get the Cake Bake thing. Whether or not it will be delicious, it just doesn't scream "Boardwalk" to me. As a Delaware native I am very familiar with going to the NJ shore and it doesn't feel like something you would see there, which is I thought what Disney's BW was supposed to be going for. Then again, Disney doesn't seem to care much about what "fits in" where anymore.

I think Cake Bake Shop would have made a lot more sense at Grand Floridian, especially since they don't want to reopen 1900 Park Fare - why not just put it there?

Because the ESPN club was a great thematic fit??

Prince-1

No, it wasn't either. But doesn't mean they had to replace it with something else that makes little sense.

It's better than what it replaced and unlike resorts like the Poly and AKL, the theme of the Boardwalk isn't as cut and dry. I am looking forward to eating here.

KDM31091

It's better than what it replaced and unlike resorts like the Poly and AKL, the theme of the Boardwalk isn't as cut and dry. I am looking forward to eating here.
Like I said, I'm sure it will be good and anything beats a long closed ESPN zone. I just feel the Cake Bake would have made more sense somewhere else.

Prince-1

Like I said, I'm sure it will be good and anything beats a long closed ESPN zone. I just feel the Cake Bake would have made more sense somewhere else.

Oh I agree with you that it is probably a better fit at the GF but I also don't think it is such a horrible fit where it is going.

Bocabear

I think everyone can agree that stylistically Cake Bake Shop would have been a perfect fit for Grand Floridian... I guess they wanted to capture the walking audience of 6 different hotels in the area... Which makes sense for business, but not for style and theme...
I think a lot of things would be more appreciated than a fancy expensive restaurant which are plentiful in that area...
Now a Jersey style diner open until 2 am everynight....now THAT would have added a real plus to the area....

pdude81

I think everyone can agree that stylistically Cake Bake Shop would have been a perfect fit for Grand Floridian... I guess they wanted to capture the walking audience of 6 different hotels in the area... Which makes sense for business, but not for style and theme...
I think a lot of things would be more appreciated than a fancy expensive restaurant which are plentiful in that area...
Now a Jersey style diner open until 2 am everynight....now THAT would have added a real plus to the area....

Well they need a business to open there that could succeed. We can have thematic purity with a location selling bread or Salt Water Taffy, but profitability is a different animal. The boardwalk area sure could use more dining options that are walkable from S&D.

Whether this will be successful or not I have no idea. I'd give their sandwiches a shot whenever they open even though the them is not my cup of tea.

As for NJ Diners, unfortunately, they almost universally don't stay open late anymore. I came out of a concert last weekend, driving down Rt. 9 and nothing was open. Checked Google Maps for nearby diners, and the closest 10 were all closed. I don't know if that shift happened during Covid or before, but it sucks.

Bocabear

Well they need a business to open there that could succeed. We can have thematic purity with a location selling bread or Salt Water Taffy, but profitability is a different animal. The boardwalk area sure could use more dining options that are walkable from S&D.

Whether this will be successful or not I have no idea. I'd give their sandwiches a shot whenever they open even though the them is not my cup of tea.

As for NJ Diners, unfortunately, they almost universally don't stay open late anymore. I came out of a concert last weekend, driving down Rt. 9 and nothing was open. Checked Google Maps for nearby diners, and the closest 10 were all closed. I don't know if that shift happened during Covid or before, but it sucks.
The Boardwalk/Crescent Lake area desperately needs late night dining...especially with the parks open later... Off-ste terrible pizza delivery is not the way to do it... Why send Disney resort guests over to the Dolphin or Swan for a lousy premade sandwich? Disney is walking away from a lot of revenue...
Regardless of whether or not New Jersey diners no longer stay open.... They used to....
and after all, this is based on a NJ Boardwalk from a different era...lol

pdude81

The Boardwalk/Crescent Lake area desperately needs late night dining...especially with the parks open later... Off-ste terrible pizza delivery is not the way to do it... Why send Disney resort guests over to the Dolphin or Swan for a lousy premade sandwich? Disney is walking away from a lot of revenue...
Regardless of whether or not New Jersey diners no longer stay open.... They used to....
and after all, this is based on a NJ Boardwalk from a different era...lol
If they want to theme that location to a NJ Diner in the 1990's, I'll be there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom