New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

Mizner92

I was there the last two weeks of July…no entertainers and two shuttered food stands…not sure if games were operating either. That plus the Cake Shop construction…overall worse experience than prior visits.
Was there in October. Massive amount of entertainment, games and energy on the boardwalk in the evening. People picking up food from the Pizza Window and BoardWalk Deli later into the night. Festive atmosphere undoubtedly.

UNCgolf

Of course they're not similar.

But they are both a type of special amenity a deluxe provides.

Neither is a faux Savannah with African animals similar to a dueling piano bar. But it is a special amenity you can only find at a deluxe.

You won't find live music venues or a zoo at Pop Century.

Got it -- misunderstood what you were saying.

As I said above, though, I bet the employees wish Jellyrolls was at Disney Springs. It seems to do quite well at the Boardwalk, but they'd definitely see a major increase in business (and thus tips) at DS. That said, I guess if they're doing well enough as-is they may be glad to avoid the hassle of dealing with a much larger crowd.

Last edited:

disneyC97

Same here, went for just a quick 2 nights and saw the typical entertainment (jugglers, magicians, etc.) I think people tend to forget the entertainment really doesn't start until nighttime.
Good to know...were def there after dark, so maybe just between contracts during that time.

Aries1975

Was there in October. Massive amount of entertainment, games and energy on the boardwalk in the evening. People picking up food from the Pizza Window and BoardWalk Deli later into the night. Festive atmosphere undoubtedly.
Boardwalk Deli is only open until 10pm. Although, I was pleasantly surprised to see the pizza window is listed as open until midnight. Unfortunately, more than once, I have arrived in Orlando substantially later than my flight was scheduled and needed to feed my tribe. Most of the resorts no longer have room service. Options are good things to have.

Keeping Beaches and Cream opened later would also be appreciated.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Boardwalk Deli is only open until 10pm. Although, I was pleasantly surprised to see the pizza window is listed as open until midnight. Unfortunately, more than once, I have arrived in Orlando substantially later than my flight was scheduled and needed to feed my tribe. Most of the resorts no longer have room service. Options are good things to have.

Keeping Beaches and Cream opened later would also be appreciated.

Pikabu at the Dolphin used to be 24 hours. But at least it's open to midnight.

castlecake2.0

Saw this at the flea market, would have been perfect for carousel coffee 👀
8EA95553-3D72-42AD-BE6D-DDFB05FB1828.jpeg

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Always found it interesting that all the moderates offer live music at least a few nights a week, but most of the deluxe have nothing
Perhaps I don’t frequent WDW often but what moderates offer live music? Haven’t seen that Coronado the last 2 times I’ve been there.

castlecake2.0

Perhaps I don’t frequent WDW often but what moderates offer live music? Haven’t seen that Coronado the last 2 times I’ve been there.
Coronado usually has a guitar player somewhere, I’ve seen him in the lobby, at Luna Bar and also have seen one in maya grill, not sure what the schedule is. Caribbean Beach has steel drums on weekends, Port Orleans surprisingly has the best music scene out of all the resorts.

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes
Coronado usually has a guitar player somewhere, I’ve seen him in the lobby, at Luna Bar and also have seen one in maya grill, not sure what the schedule is. Caribbean Beach has steel drums on weekends, Port Orleans surprisingly has the best music scene out of all the resorts.
Contemporary has a grand piano sitting locked on the second floor next to the landing for California Grill. Wish it could get some use, it's sad seeing it there completely unused.

Bocabear

they are putting dormers on the lower roof now...so they are still a long way off...and the way they have been progressing it will be late 2024 before they finish... but of course, you never know if they all of the sudden decide to start building with a full crew and a deadline...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom