New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

Tha Realest

According to Brayden from Mickey Views it sounds like the executives have heard/seen the results of outsourced hotel refurbs and some changes are coming, notably some fixes at boardwalk…
I thought Boardwalk already went through an extensive refurb. Is this a refurb of the refurb, or changes to the non-DVC side?

Notes from Neverland

According to Brayden from Mickey Views it sounds like the executives have heard/seen the results of outsourced hotel refurbs and some changes are coming, notably some fixes at boardwalk…
One can certainly hope. Some of the worst examples of Disney's new design style are at the BoardWalk Inn. Just think how many times pictures of Carousel Coffee have been shared as an example of theming being stripped out of Walt Disney World resorts.

Dr.GrantSeeker

I hope this sudden upper-level focus on the diminishment of the deluxe resorts will shine a spotlight on whatever’s being cooked up for GF.
I was wondering this as well. Also is the lobby referb totally done at the grand now? All the big lift equipment is out of the lobby and it looks like they just painted and maybe replaced some of the furniture. Kind of like what they did with the Bw

James Alucobond

I was wondering this as well. Also is the lobby referb totally done at the grand now? All the big lift equipment is out of the lobby and it looks like they just painted and maybe replaced some of the furniture. Kind of like what they did with the Bw
They said the bulk of the refurbishment on the first and second floors would occur later.

peter11435

Attachments

• 77AD9926-F5A4-450F-B6A2-C18B64BEB5D3.jpeg
    77AD9926-F5A4-450F-B6A2-C18B64BEB5D3.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 1F2C56DA-0E2A-4AF0-A6D2-8A54AC76CF76.jpeg
    1F2C56DA-0E2A-4AF0-A6D2-8A54AC76CF76.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 187
  • 416273EE-8E70-4911-BA3E-34424EE0E4BB.jpeg
    416273EE-8E70-4911-BA3E-34424EE0E4BB.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 181

flyerjab

It’s one of the things I’ve always hated about budgeting theme. And I understand a corporation can’t through budget out the window. But to me it’s about truly understanding this part of the business. If you boast that you are in the THEME park business, and you are self-purportedly the best at it, the budget should lean heavily on knowing that fact, and that it will cost more than the theme of a Marriot. It is why diehards drool at photos of Tokyo Disney Sea. OLC, although acknowledging that there are different profit margins at play, commits to theme and quality. They know it is expensive but they have committed to that fact and it remains an underlying tenet of how they develop and maintain that park. If the flagship resort is WDW, and Bob states that the company is top tier in the THEME park business, then soup to nuts every corner of the resort should emulate that fact. And coffee shops that look like a kitchenette in a hospital DO NOT QUALIFY as such.

TDLFan

The cream colored carpet was such an elementary mistake. It's the highest traffic staircase in the resort that leads outdoors. It looked a mess just after a few days. Hopefully rights will be wronged, and Carousel gets refreshed along with other things. I really enjoy the addition of the Lady and the Tramp topiary and hope that's permanent although it would make more sense to swap it with Yacht Club's Mickey and Minnie, since Mickey and Minnie are now the theme of Boardwalk's rooms and Yacht Club is the "dog" resort. Not complaining, but its the little things.

lazyboy97o

Outsourcing isn’t really the problem. The BoardWalk and the rest of the Crescent Lake hotels were all originally outsourced projects.

bpiper

I don't think it's outsourcing either that's the problem. Disney gives the outsourcer a budget to use and they are restricted on what they can do and stay in budget. The theming that we all want, and what Disney should have, cost money. It's obvious Disney does not want to pay for it anymore.

The beige carpet on the other hand is not a Budget error, but more than likely the designer did not realize that that stairwell is so heavily used that the carpet will get destroyed quickly. There again, maybe it is a budget issue. The designers should have done a walk-through of the hotel before they started the makeover and should have realized how much traffic both steps. See. Maybe there was no budget for an on-site inspection.

peter11435

I don't think it's outsourcing either that's the problem. Disney gives the outsourcer a budget to use and they are restricted on what they can do and stay in budget. The theming that we all want, and what Disney should have, cost money. It's obvious Disney does not want to pay for it anymore.

The beige carpet on the other hand is not a Budget error, but more than likely the designer did not realize that that stairwell is so heavily used that the carpet will get destroyed quickly. There again, maybe it is a budget issue. The designers should have done a walk-through of the hotel before they started the makeover and should have realized how much traffic both steps. See. Maybe there was no budget for an on-site inspection.
I can assure you that a huge amount of budget is wasted (used) on copious amounts of onsite inspections and meetings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom