New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

Bocabear

In unsurprising news, The Cake Bake Shop has confirmed the opening has been pushed to early 2024.

I am so excited to see the beautiful details and charm...and maybe a roof and walls...
It will be wonderful to have a Grand Floridian style restaurant at the 1940s Jersey Shore Boardwalk!
Another perfect match!
I can't wait for the Snow White Buffeteria to open at The Contemporary Resort in 2028...lol

UofMGuy423

I am so excited to see the beautiful details and charm...and maybe a roof and walls...
It will be wonderful to have a Grand Floridian style restaurant at the 1940s Jersey Shore Boardwalk!
Another perfect match!
I can't wait for the Snow White Buffeteria to open at The Contemporary Resort in 2028...lol
I've always seen the theming as a turn of the century Boardwalk, not 1940s.

Bocabear

I've always seen the theming as a turn of the century Boardwalk, not 1940s.
It is a little muddled, but it was supposed to look an an old Jersey shore town with some history, but the resort squarely set in the 1940s... Hence the art deco dance hall, and the long-gone candy shop decorated with a Miss America theme...It was conceived to definitely not be late 19th century/early 20th century the way the Grand Floridian was supposed to be...
but yes some of the decor/artifacts were of an earlier era just to give it some history...
The Cake Bake shop's decor lends itself more to the the Grand Floridian style and aesthetic

UofMGuy423

It is a little muddled, but it was supposed to look an an old Jersey shore town with some history, but the resort squarely set in the 1940s... Hence the art deco dance hall, and the long-gone candy shop decorated with a Miss America theme...It was conceived to definitely not be late 19th century/early 20th century the way the Grand Floridian was supposed to be...
but yes some of the decor/artifacts were of an earlier era just to give it some history...
The Cake Bake shop's decor lends itself more to the the Grand Floridian style and aesthetic
Good point on the dance hall, that is very Art Deco.

Bocabear

The Belle Vue lounge also used to run old radio programs and 30s-40s music...Not sure if they are still doing this. I noticed the Disney official site now calls it "Turn Of The Century Atlantic City" which is new...It was previously described in their marketing as 1940s Jersey Shore...
I am glad they re-themed the coffee shop to resemble a modern Marriott break room...that fits into the "turn Of The Century Atlantic City" theme much better... lol

WorldExplorer

The Belle Vue lounge also used to run old radio programs and 30s-40s music...Not sure if they are still doing this. I noticed the Disney official site now calls it "Turn Of The Century Atlantic City" which is new...It was previously described in their marketing as 1940s Jersey Shore...
I am glad they re-themed the coffee shop to resemble a modern Marriott break room...that fits into the "turn Of The Century Atlantic City" theme much better... lol

There's still radios playing, or at least were a few months ago. They're pretty quiet, though.

Bocabear

There's still radios playing, or at least were a few months ago. They're pretty quiet, though.
They used to actually run Radio Theater shows on the radios, and we would have a cocktail and play board games and listen... It was fun.
The atmosphere has certainly changed over the years...

TDLFan

Bizzarly, Boardwalk has turned off it's main entrance music for over a year. Even before the refurb began. I'm there once a month and it's so strange to be the only resort with no entrance music, it's so eerily quiet. I feel like a group of valet guys complained about having to listen to big band music all day and it got turned off and never brought back. I still look at those 6 speakers and hope one day, we'll be welcomed by the great music it once had.

Last edited:
Maybe split the difference since art deco was more 1920s than 1940s.

ToTBellHop

Bizzarly, Boardwalk has turned off it's main entrance music for over a year. Even before the refurb began. I'm there once a month and it's so strange to be the only resort with no entrance music, it's so eerily quiet. I feel like a group of valet guys complained about having to listen to big band music all day and it got turned off and never brought back. I still look at those 6 speakers and hope one day, we'll be welcomed by the great music it once had.
Hadn’t noticed that consciously last month but realize it was gone! Sad.

Bocabear

Maybe split the difference since art deco was more 1920s than 1940s.
yes and no....The design style ran into the early 50s as Moderne... But 1940s had a lot of deco elements and furnishings. The Ballroom is a gorgeous perfect 1930s-40s Deco Ballroom. Stunning really and sad they never seem to use it.
Cedar Point Amusement Park added an Art Deco ballroom in 1939.
1694525855036.png

Cedar Point's 1939 Ballroom

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes
Music is back on. According to a CM, it was put back on this morning. Someone is reading the forum

TDLFan

The entrance music back is great news!!! It's the little things. Thank you!!! If they are indeed reading this, idea for you: I always thought those four large trees in the village green would look stunning if they had the Magic Kingdom hub's old twinkle lights. If you remember, they weren't jarring as it was a soft fade. It would make that area look so magical and from across the lake the center of the Boardwalk would glimmer like a jewel in a crown. Boardwalk's were known for flashing lights and I think this would be a really elegant way to incorporate them.
cc94f-3.jpg
400.jpg

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

The entrance music back is great news!!! It's the little things. Thank you!!! If they are indeed reading this, idea for you: I always thought those four large trees in the village green would look stunning if they had the Magic Kingdom hub's old twinkle lights. If you remember, they weren't jarring as it was a soft fade. It would make that area look so magical and from across the lake the center of the Boardwalk would glimmer like a jewel in a crown. Boardwalk's were known for flashing lights and I think this would be a really elegant way to incorporate them.View attachment 742865View attachment 742866
There are lots of lights on trees in the hub now. I love it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom