New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

MickeyLuv'r

I’m glad they’re finally doing it. A lot of the wood is rotten.

It has to be done in sections since the resort still needs to function.

Also noticed the lightbulbs in “The Boardwalk” sign on the Boardwalk side were finally replaced! Many were burned out for years.
We saw some that were rather broken. The photo is a bit blurry, but it surprised me to see this on the Boardwalk. Image was taken by the former ESPN, so looked to maybe be construction damage:
broken.jpg

pdude81

Is it just me or is it still pretty badly off center?

Not just you. The B is noticeably closer to the sign’s edge than the I is on the right.

The spacing of the letters in “BoardWalk” leaves something to be desired. The B is nearly floating by itself while the W is rather squished.

And the text and overhead lights don’t line up.
They appear to have centered "Boardwalk" betwen pillars 1 and 3 from the left, but then didn't center "Deli" between 3 and 4 OR justify align on the right side. I think it could look more normal if they just shift "Deli" farther right, but there are other spacing issue for sure.

On this progress report they get "Needs Improvement"

Eric Graham

I actually wondered if the deal with Cake Bake fell through and Disney was looking for other options. Even for Disney construction time lines, the amount of time this thing has sat is unusual.
Oh no. The cake bake shop is my wife's ultimate place to go. I'm overjoyed they're fixing up the Boardwalk!

jeanericuser001

I guess that is one cake shop that won't be rising to the occasion any time soon. I guess they did not put enough dough into this production. Maybe the idea is just too half baked. Its a pity because the former restaurant had a nice mix of sugar and spice but alas this one appears to be getting stale as everything has been baking out in the sun for a little too long. With this recent storm battering this construction I doubt this will be any form of tasty addition to the boardwalk for quite some time.

Tha Realest

I guess that is one cake shop that won't be rising to the occasion any time soon. I guess they did not put enough dough into this production. Maybe the idea is just too half baked. It’s a pity because the former restaurant had a nice mix of sugar and spice but alas this one appears to be getting stale as everything has been baking out in the sun for a little too long. With this recent storm battering this construction I doubt this will be any form of tasty addition to the boardwalk for quite some time.
Seems like it needs more dough.

aladdin2007

This had to be one of the stupidest decisions in the past few years.

I get that ESPN wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but a restaurant with later hours and a good amount of seating is something this area needed. A refresh of ESPN would have been far more logical than this nonsense that will probably never open.
This, but see that makes too much sense, which Disney and TDO doesn't have any more for the most part. This cake place really should have been in Disney Springs... and Im guessing someone ran out of money here....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom