New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Lobby refurbishment begins at Disney's BoardWalk Inn in Walt Disney World​

Disneys-BoardWalk-Inn_Full_49895.jpg

Bocabear

I don't know if those pictures would make it look like an attraction, but it looks very nice and like it belongs at the Grand Floridian... Don't know why placing things in their proper locations by style has become so difficult... so now in turn, Grand Floridian should get a 1940s Boardwalk themed diner?

SpectroMagician

"It can be assumed that the design will follow recent updates at other resorts, where rows of check-in desks have been replaced with smaller stations for a more relaxed look."

I really don't like these "more relaxed look" check in areas. The desks both look and work better. I am checking into a hotel, I don't need it to be casual.

ToTBellHop

"It can be assumed that the design will follow recent updates at other resorts, where rows of check-in desks have been replaced with smaller stations for a more relaxed look."

I really don't like these "more relaxed look" check in areas. The desks both look and work better. I am checking into a hotel, I don't need it to be casual.
But the smaller desks allow the CM to come around next to you and gently let you know there is nothing they can do for you and that maintenance doesn't work 24/7 anymore, but to have a Magical day and just don't use the toilet.

UNCgolf

I think they work at some resorts and don't work at others.

At the Boardwalk, switching to that "more relaxed look" will probably make the lobby worse (along with whatever else they do to it).

EPCOT-O.G.

Here’s a picture of Bob Weis standing in front of the new Boardwalk lobby. Matches the coffee shop perfectly

9A57539F-4080-4A87-8213-80C33D0F22F3.jpeg

ToTBellHop

As expected, Carousel Cafe wasn’t complete and now has pictures of Julie Andrews along with succulents on the tables.

Stunning.

Insofar as Julie Andrews is entirely unproblematic, they should have just had pics of her in the carousel scene from Mary Poppins. Then the whole style of the place would at least make some sense.

To be fair, if you ask people, “what is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of New Jersey?” 9 out of 10 will say, “succulents.”

dreday3

As expected, Carousel Cafe wasn’t complete and now has pictures of Julie Andrews along with succulents on the tables.

Stunning.

Insofar as Julie Andrews is entirely unproblematic, they should have just had pics of her in the carousel scene from Mary Poppins. Then the whole style of the place would at least make some sense.

To be fair, if you ask people, “what is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of New Jersey?” 9 out of 10 will say, “succulents.”

Well, it doesn't look worse! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom