New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

Disone

I wholeheartedly agree with this; the issue is consistency.

If we just focus on EPCOT, there's the picturesque Ratatouille courtyard versus the awful La Crêperie de Paris interior (and to a lesser extent, the exterior), the well-done Connections Eatery versus the hub mess across the plaza, and that's just scratching the surface.

The current output is presently such a shocking mixed bag of quality, with the highest of highs and the lowest of lows being the norm for new products, which are, shockingly enough, frequently directly next to one other.

I'm frankly not downtrodden about the future of the parks, as I enjoy them immensely. With Chapek's ouster, the long-term prospects for the parks are a lot better, and overall, I think the improvements made over the last decade have done wonders to bring WDW parity compared with the other resorts. Still, there are laughably ludicrous decision choices for nearly every positive change that I hope will be addressed.

This board mostly focuses on WDW, but I don't think this quality control issue is more evident anywhere than DCL's new ship, the Wish, so it's becoming a troubling pattern.
Ehhhh. I don't think connections eatery is well done. It looks like an airport. (I do enjoy the food at Connections) . And that store! So generic it hurts but I do like it's ceiling, but again it's not telling a story.

Back to the eatery..... It almost made me think it'd be nice if they actually executed on an airport of the future theme intentionally. They already have the floor to ceiling windows looking out at the attractions of guardians of the Galaxy, mission space, and hopefully and eventually something in between them.

Theme the entrances on that side as the boarding gates to those. Have periodic get announcements playing overhead that play tribute to both the existing and past attractions but sound like airport/spaceport terminal announcements.

Tha Realest

I think it’s time Barbara Bouza becomes a household name in the community. When we think of Imagineering, we think of the great attractions of yesteryear and exquisitely themed hotels. But they don’t seem to have an interest in that anymore. What they do have an interest in is designing and constructing bland, scantly accented living spaces and places for you to eat and shop - think EPCOT stores and new restaurants, the Palm Springs living community, the sanded down hotels, Poly DVC, etc.

So it makes perfect sense they go with a Bouza rather than a Baxter type. WDI is basically creating mixed use commercial projects and retirement communities. They don’t want to make the next Haunted Mansion.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't think connections eatery is well done. It looks like an airport. (I do enjoy the food at Connections) . And that store! So generic it hurts but I do like it's ceiling, but again it's not telling a story.

Back to the eatery..... It almost made me think it'd be nice if they actually executed on an airport of the future theme intentionally.
With a name like "connections"... isn't it an airport theme already?!1?

Last edited:

Centauri Space Station

That's similar to what they did to Beaches and Cream.
Even that has classic touches still like the beach balls along seats and the juke box
5B8080E2-F016-4600-A02C-7822CBE08969.jpeg
D6A456BA-285D-4CEA-9D87-B950A164882C.png

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
There has to be some survey that is telling Disney that bland and generic is what the GP wants... right? RIGHT?!? (Probably the same survey that insists that EVERY new thing Disney adds to a park MUST have an IP tie in).

Ayla

None of the lighting is where it should be, but it's actually really kind of odd how little of it there is now that you mention it. Wasn't there a ton of track lighting when it was the sundries shop?
I don't remember, it's been a long time since I've been to Boardwalk. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom