New Effects at Indiana Jones Adventure - Disneyland

sponono88

Original Poster

lego606

MagicBandit
It's a projection on the Mara head and a rerecording of mara's voice though I'm not totally sure if the script is different.

TP2000

Interesting. I'll have to go check it out this weekend.

Let's hope they cleaned up that audio and made that important plot-setting scene more concise. As it's been, your jeep enters the doors and heads towards Mara and this is what you hear; "YOU HAARVE ERNTEREHHD JAHLRAHBIT AHND RARHBASHTO DASLIT!!!!"

Uh, what did she say? I take it we are now in some sort of danger?

rbrower

We rode it twice on Monday. The first room was completely dark both times save for the headlights on the ride vehicle, and the volume seemed to have been turned way up to the point that you could understand Mara even less than usual in the next room. Maybe this had something to do with the new effects?

Californian Elitist

I'm not feeling Mara's new voice, at all. Hopefully with enough complaints, they'll change it back.

The new effect, however, is very creepy and cool. I like it.

Marc Gil

I can't believe you missed it by that much!
I know! It broke down twice while I was riding it. The service lights went on and everything. We were sitting in our jeep for 20 minutes waiting for the ride to turn on again. It was funny because when the ride stopped, our vehicle was still doing its simulator movements.

Californian Elitist

I know! It broke down twice while I was riding it. The service lights went on and everything. We were sitting in our jeep for 20 minutes waiting for the ride to turn on again. It was funny because when the ride stopped, our vehicle was still doing its simulator movements.

Indy has never been down while I've been on. I'd love to see it with the lights on.

TuffyCatt

It was weird. We got stuck on the part with the rats. When the lights went on, it was a regular black hallway with a bunch of of exit signs. It even had a telephone at the end of it. It was so strange lol.

Shoot - we rode it twice and I don't even remember a part with rats. Too much to take in I guess...

That's kinda cool that you got to see everything with the lights on! I've been going to amusement parks for years and have only experienced lots of minor shut downs, never anything fun. :p

Marc Gil

Shoot - we rode it twice and I don't even remember a part with rats. Too much to take in I guess...

That's kinda cool that you got to see everything with the lights on! I've been going to amusement parks for years and have only experienced lots of minor shut downs, never anything fun. :p
I can see what you mean. I went on the ride 4 times an it still wasn't enough. It's such a good ride, much better than Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom.

sponono88

Original Poster
^ Woah.. that looks amazing. Definitely a big improvement over the previous effect with the puff of smoke coming from the eye. The new voice will take some getting used, but the new effects more than make up for it. I like the new starfield lighting in the room as well.

Thanks for posting the link! Can't wait to see what the Fountain of Eternal Youth effect looks like.

Last edited:

Rufus T Firefly

Interesting. I'll have to go check it out this weekend.

Let's hope they cleaned up that audio and made that important plot-setting scene more concise. As it's been, your jeep enters the doors and heads towards Mara and this is what you hear; "YOU HAARVE ERNTEREHHD JAHLRAHBIT AHND RARHBASHTO DASLIT!!!!"

Uh, what did she say? I take it we are now in some sort of danger?
Mara's voice has always sounded masculine to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom