New Effects at Indiana Jones Adventure - Disneyland

Texas84

Looking forward to seeing it this week. I was actually underwhelmed last year but that was right before it closed for refurb.

Disneyfanman

According to MiceAge this morning, the returning voice isn't the original but a new recording that sounds very similar. Maybe JEJ wasn't available or was too expensive. Anyway they were very happy with the change back.

sponono88

Original Poster
Finally saw this on Saturday and WOW -- the observatory of the future is just amazing. I also saw the earthly riches version and, while still impressive, the blue laser starfield in the observatory is really a sight to behold.

Everything else worked perfectly, even the unload spiel matched up with the appropriate chamber door.

The only effect that wasn't working was the smoke screen in the rat room. The projection was on but there was no smoke to project onto.

lego606

MagicBandit
Finally saw this on Saturday and WOW -- the observatory of the future is just amazing. I also saw the earthly riches version and, while still impressive, the blue laser starfield in the observatory is really a sight to behold.

Everything else worked perfectly, even the unload spiel matched up with the appropriate chamber door.

The only effect that wasn't working was the smoke screen in the rat room. The projection was on but there was no smoke to project onto.

There's been an issue with vehicles not "stalling" there and therefore the mist doesn't have enough time to regenerate, but the smoke itself has been working except for about an hour or so last week (which might have been when you went on?)

Figments Friend

Just showed my wife these effects and her response.... "That's really creepy."

Mission accomplished by the imagineers I think,

It is even creepier seeing it in person!

Really adds a nice plus to this awesome attraction.
:)

Regarding the mist element in the rat room:
It was working great mid-week last week when i rode, but did notice it suddenly decided to stop working on the weekend.

It seemed there was less fire elements in the main room then i remember previous visits...or maybe that is just me?

I love it when the transports *stall* in that dark tunnel....just a great touch and really makes people who have never experienced the attraction before start to worry a little that they are really about to be trapped on the ride.

I lost count of how many times i rode over the last four days...but each time was indeed different, just as it was marketed back in the day.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom