New Effects at Indiana Jones Adventure - Disneyland

Californian Elitist

Observatory of the Future is the best one. They're all cool, but Fountain of Eternal Youth and Chamber of Earthly Riches are downright terrifying.

Can't wait to see it for myself, possibly next week.

Last edited:

TP2000

Here is a new video of all three versions of the Hall of Promise room

Wow. That looks really cool, and a very impressive tech display that improves an already great ride. Bravo Disneyland!

I'll have to head out to the park this weekend to see it myself, just so I can stay on my high horse where I lecture everyone about judging things prematurely based on amateur YouTube videos. :D

Californian Elitist

Wait... for realz? My sarcasm-o-meter is broken today.

It's too early to say whether or not I like the change... it's a big change from the previous one and I haven't actually ridden the new one yet.

I haven't ridden it yet, either, but the new voice is just horrendous. I'm afraid I'll dislike the new voice even more when I rode it and I can hear it booming through those loud speakers.

The new effects, however, look amazing.

Cosmic Commando

It's definitely weird... it's not just like a different guy doing the voice, like the difference between Mickey voice actors, they decided to go in an entirely different direction. Like it used to be Minnie, but now it's Goofy.

Figments Friend

Cool. I like the new effect.
Neat to see there are three different experiences.

Is the lightning effect in the tunnel also a new additon? I am guessing it is...as i do not recall seeing it the last few times i rode.

worldfanatic

I love the new special effects.
And despite hearing the massive criticism on this and other sites, I figured the new voice of Mara couldn't be all that bad..............until I heard it.

OH MY GOD!!!!
WHO IN THE HELL APPROVED THAT MESS?

I'm baffled.

Figments Friend

Yep....like Raven said, it tis' true:
The original voice of Mara is BACK!

I am quite happy about this.
I wonder if Tony Baxter had anything to do with making this happen? He probably was not overly thrilled with the voice change, but that is just a guess on my part.
He was spotted in the Park a week ago late one night walking into Adventureland during Park Close though...

Have the complaints actually made a difference?
Regardless, this is great news.
Quite happy to hear of the change !

IndianaJones

Observatory of the Future is the best one. They're all cool, but Fountain of Eternal Youth and Chamber of Earthly Riches are downright terrifying.

Can't wait to see it for myself, possibly next week.
I agree with you about Observatory of the Future being best.

Earthly riches is creepy because it like combination blood/fire.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom