New Effects at Indiana Jones Adventure - Disneyland

Figments Friend

New things that got fixed this week: The snake on the snake bridge is spewing fog again! Yay!

Now all we need is for those darn chamber doors to work...

One trip through the transport i was in did go through a alternative chamber door...but only once out of the 20 times i must have ridden this past week.

Ride vehicles were being sent through the most right-hand tunnel entrance, but for one trip they sent us through the center one.
Only that once though...

jrlbc06

I rode 5 times over the last weekend and got the left most door every single time...

Of course I always seem to have bad luck. I rode Star Tours 6 times and got Pod Racing and Jengo Fett each and every time.

Furiated

Finally got to see this at the end of Sept after literally JUST missing it during D23. The new effects look awesome! Especially Observatory of the Future. I don't know if the randomness was tweaked or we were just unlucky, but we rode it multiple times during our trip, and 9 times we got Observatory of the Future and once got youth, no eternal riches.

I noticed one other thing I had never seen before, and wasn't sure if it was a new effect installed at the same time, or an old effect that I just never got to see working.

In the large room, there were green beams of light shooting out of the eye of the skull on the side of the room, the one with one eye on fire that's directly across from you when you first see the room. We saw them in various states of operation over a few days, so I think I see how they are supposed to work, though they were never both working 100%. One beam shoots at you as you first see the room, and sets off a small flame burst to your right just before you turn into the room with the skeletons. Then the second beam shoots at you just as you enter the bridge, and sets off a small flame burst on the bridge to your left. The first day we rode, the first beam was on constantly, not shooting but just a steady shining light, and not setting off the flame. Then we didn't see it on again, but the flame would go off. The second beam worked more consistently, turning on only to shoot at us on the bridge and set off the flame explosion. Very cool effect and one I didn't remember seeing before on previous visits.

Has anyone else seen these and/or have they always been there?

Oh and the exit audio was STILL not synced up right! We got youth EVERY time. Which was my experience during D23 as well, youth every time, no matter what.

Figments Friend

I had these same experiences regarding the 'green beam' from the Mara idol/skull in the main room.

The variants in this are all a part of the re-rideability of the attraction.
Each time your ride, it is supposed to be a different experience.
I rode over 15/20 times last month and had several different variants, including the different beam effects you mentioned above.
Loved the version where the beam seems to shoot at your transport and a 'explosion' goes off. Great effect!

I saw all the Chamber of Destiny varients ...they were impresssive.
It was really wonderful to see this attraction looking so great again.

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom