New E-Ticket News

chancellor

This seems most consistent with the rumor of JTTCOE coming to Animal Kingdom after Everest is finished. There are a couple of old threads on that, and I think even Lee indicated that it is a possibility. There's also a blurb about it on screamscape. It would be located behind Camp Minnie-Mickey where Beastly Kingdom was supposed to go.

If true, that's sad because it means the 20K site will remain barren past 2009, or that it won't get an e-ticket at all.

P.S. - videos of Tokyo rides can be found at www.barrybedford.com

Pongo

chancellor said:
This seems most consistent with the rumor of JTTCOE coming to Animal Kingdom after Everest is finished.

So AK would get two E-tickets in a row with nothing else at other parks? Or would another E-ticket be added somewhere else in the meantime?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Pongo said:
So AK would get two E-tickets in a row with nothing else at other parks? Or would another E-ticket be added somewhere else in the meantime?

Well, AK needs reasons to keep people there past 5pm. And I wouldn't say that none of the other parks are getting nothing - Soarin', LMA, SGE ( :hurl: )... it's just that AK "needs" another E-ticket more than the rest of the parks do.

And wouldn't something new just be so nice, instead of cloning??? :)

Jusjuice

Out of all the rides at Tokyo DisneySea, I would rather see Sinbad come to WDW. The only logical place for it would be Adventureland, though.

As much as everyone gets so excited about it, I wouldn't want to see Journey to the Center of the earth come to Animal Kingdom, unless it was modified to have a completely different theme. It really has a rather dissapointing ending, and the ride is neat, but not incredible or groundbreaking.

My biggest problem with it at AK is that it works so well at TDS because it is inside the icon of the park, and it fits Mysterious Island so well. Even if they were to build a Mysterious Island at AK, it would be a real stretch for the theme of the park. With all the volcano-themed attractions that have been talked about, like a volcano ride in adventureland, or Villians Mountain in Fantasyland, then JTTCOE at AK, then Another Volcano ride at MGM (Incredibles), really we are limited to one. I would rather see one that was original or fit better with the park it was built in.

Captain Chaos

Original Poster
I just watched the video for Sinbad. It reminds me of small world.. and where would Sinbad fit in WDW? Fantasyland maybe, but the theme of the attraction does not fit AK or MGM, or Epcot. JTTCOTE does not fit with the theme of AK either. But with some modifications, it could. Indy fits right in with MGM. But the more I think about it, the more it sounds like STORM RIDERS will be coming to Epcot... Just my new gut feeling.

CaliSurfer182

Yes how about something original. I would like to see a ride that isn't based on any movie, and that isn't cloned from another park. A ride that can inspire its own magic and it's own following.

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Just asking, but at the Press Releases, do they provide dates for new attractions that far in advance? Or is it used more for attractions that are the new/current attractions that are already soft opening/grand opening?

General Grizz

CaliSurfer182 said:
Yes how about something original. I would like to see a ride that isn't based on any movie, and that isn't cloned from another park. A ride that can inspire its own magic and it's own following.
...and has a generous budget... :D

Captain Hank

I'm actually quite surprised with that rumored 2009 figure. My thought is, wouldn't they want something just on the verge of opening as the 50th anniversary celebration is ending? Something for the Disney advertisers to get excited about, rather than "Come back see everything we opened up 18 months ago [and Everest]!" Doesn't exactly have a ring, does it? I'd think they would want something under visible construction, much like Everest is right now.

speck76

Ayers Rock is a spiritually important place for the native Australians.....I do not think they would make a ride out of it.....

Captain Hank

speck76 said:
It is only a rumor....it holds no water
That's why I said "rumored figure." I was surprised that someone would come up with such a late date.

And about the disappearing post, could it be that HennieBogan tried to post here? I've been noticing that her name has been appearing in the "last post" box in the forums main pages, and yet, there isn't any post to go along with that name. I tried a "find all posts" and it didn't show any matches. I've pm'd her about it. I know she hasn't been banned, so I don't know why the posts aren't showing up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom