New E-Ticket News

speck76

psuchad said:
Not everybody can travel to every park. I don't see anything wrong with clones as long as they are improved from the original.

well, that would not be a clone then, would it?

-SIR-

There are already rumors everywhere that plans for IndyJones are nearing completion and I really think that MGM will end up with the crystal skull... If you already have 2 versions of a ride and one of them is in the counrty than I would think the thing to do would bring the other version that most americans wouldnt be as familiar with to MGM... Everest was just built at AK so I highly doubt it will get much... It takes time to build up a par and MGM hasn't gotten an E-ticket in quite a while.. LMA isnt that big of a deal... Im pretty sure im thinking like Disney here... The marketing buzz will be going on for everest for a while and meanwhile they can be breaking ground at MGM... keeping the buzz going for as long as they can

Montu

-SIR- said:
There are already rumors everywhere that plans for IndyJones are nearing completion and I really think that MGM will end up with the crystal skull... If you already have 2 versions of a ride and one of them is in the counrty than I would think the thing to do would bring the other version that most americans wouldnt be as familiar with to MGM... Everest was just built at AK so I highly doubt it will get much... It takes time to build up a par and MGM hasn't gotten an E-ticket in quite a while.. LMA isnt that big of a deal... Im pretty sure im thinking like Disney here... The marketing buzz will be going on for everest for a while and meanwhile they can be breaking ground at MGM... keeping the buzz going for as long as they can

Crystal Skull and Forbidden Eye are VERY similar attractions, both of which follow the exact same track layout and nearly the same show scene order. There are some minor differences between the two, one which I really like in Crystal Skull (the stone idol that blows the smoke ring, very cool!) and most which I think are better done in Forbidden Eye. Other than those minor changes, the color scheme is different between the two (oranges/reds versus greens/purples) and the soundtrack is a bit mutilated in Crystal Skull rather than just rescoring a new one. Also, something that your normal guest would never notice, Crystal Skull uses an electric motion base versus Forbidden Eye's hydrolic motion base. The electric version is considerably rougher - not necessarily in a more exciting ride way, but almost a bit more of a if I ride this too many times in a row it hurts my back way. All things considered, I'd much rather have Forbidden Eye to Crystal Skull anyday. While I completely agree with your theory of "might as well pick the one with the different plot" they are so close to being identical that it almost is a moot point to begin with.

As for your comment about doubting DAK would get a major ride so soon after Everest - how is that any different than Epcot getting Soarin' right on the heels of getting Mission: SPACE? There's never such a thing as too much - only what the company is willing to put the money out for.

-SIR-

good point... I think the important thing to remember is imagineers are imagineers are imagineers (as is WDI) ... they are fantastically crazy, creative, and yes... Unpredictable...we won't know until it happens

Disneyfan1981

psuchad said:
Not everybody can travel to every park. I don't see anything wrong with clones as long as they are improved from the original.

I agree. I'd love to get to ToykoDisney or Disneyland Paris and when it opens Hong Kong Disney but the odds are that I'll be restricted to both coasts for the majority of the time. If a ride is great and doing well, bring it over but change it up a little so that if I visit the original ride I can tell a difference. I just don't want nothing but clones....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom