New Disney Plans Officially Announced...and it was a BUST!

New2WDW

Unfortunately they never are. If you want to be ahead of the curve on what is coming up in WDW visit WDWMagic often and listen to what members like Lee, marni71, raven and a few otters to say. If you want some fluff and a few celebrity appearances watch the press conferences.

This is very true!

Thrill Seeker

It's a pretty lame ad campaign. All that will change is the nighttime show at the castle and people submitting pictures to be included in the nighttime show and on commercials. It's nothing particularly special. The only good thing I see coming out of this is the projection system they set up around the castle. That can be used more effectively later on for a new fireworks show (Adding projections to Hallowishes would be fantastic) but other than that, I say this campaign is a bust.

hpyhnt 1000

anyone else see this as an opportunity to submit a lot of memories from before when WDW was designed by WDI and not ruled by DWI and TDO?
:drevil:

Great idea! Now where are those wand demolition pictures when I need them? Or the holiday season is coming up; I think I'll send a Lights of Winter picture in. Think they'll use it? :lookaroun

mickeysaver

Please, everyone, vote 1 star on this new memory announcement. Maybe give them the idea that we don't like this campaign

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-world-and-disneyland-let-the-memories-begin/

Voted and posted....let's see if it makes it out of moderation.

As marketing promotions go, this one is merely ok. The presentation of it was awkward, overhyped, and in spots even a wee bit inappropriate, which was a bit shocking. I am ok with whatever commercials you guys want to run, but please leave the castle’s image alone. It’s one thing to do the Kiss Goodnight, the images at the holidays and at Halloween, which I have witnessed with great delight, but to project pictures of the other guests up on the castle…that is just not what I consider to be a great marketing idea at all. I don’t want to see the pictures of the other guests destroy the classic beauty of the castle. I can’t see how anyone feels that this could be a plus for any of the guests other than the one’s who are projected onto the castle and that will be for what 5, maybe 10 seconds? I just don’t get it.

Well, I hope someone is getting fired or yelled at for this =/ Seriously, who comes up with these things? I'm not saying I can shell out anything better, but I'm sure someone could have thought of something.

trr1

i tried to post twice but they didnt except either one

one was that
"I hope this wasnt Tom Staggs idea"
and the other
"that news conference was embarrassing for disney"

rct247

I'm sure everyone remembers when (no pun intended) they used thousands of guests photos to create larger overall pictures at Disneyland for the 50th Anniversary. (Pictures Below)

I absolutely loved that. The idea was creative and was themed well to each land/location. They didn't seem obtrusive either and having submitting images and going to Disneyland and finding them, that was amazing, yet it didn't seem to take away from other guests.

While, I'm sure if they just repeated this on larger scale by including all the Disney parks, we would all complain that they are just repeating what they did in 2005, but I would honestly LOVE to see it come back.

Besides, those collages probably contained more photos than this new idea will be able to project for guests. How will guests be able to see their photos on the castle? Do they have to input when they are vacationing, what day they will be at the Magic Kingdom, and then do they have to sit through the entire show just to see it? How does Disney choose which photos will be displayed? How long will they be displayed each? Will each night be different photos or will the popular ones be repeated over and over again?

I'll admit I submitted 1 photo/story to the website despite me not being thrilled about the campaign. I didn't however go through any other stories or photos. I don't have the time to waste to do that. So basically what now? If my story gets approved and posted, it will appear on the website for strangers to read...if they have the time and desire. I'll maybe return to it once. Disney has now collected that story and that image and can use it anywhere. It MAY get used on the castle, but I'm not sure when. Will I even be notified or will I even see it...even I were to be there every night!

You touched me with the television commercials already Disney and you have inspired me to think creatively when it comes time to surprise my future family with a Disney vacation, but you haven't really done your best at carrying that theme into the parks, and no, I don't mean through banners on every light pole, stale merchandise, food & beverage containers, theme songs after all the parades, and window clings on all the buses and monorails.

n13735617_31895062_5165.jpg

n13735617_31895061_4648.jpg

n13735617_31895060_4157.jpg

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I understand the disappointment (I was disappointed) but in all actuality, we were never promimsed anyting interesting would be announced. Plus, IIRC there are other oppurtunities for them to announce their plans in the near future.

We should not have expected anything interesting when Disney was sayingl "Watch Disney Parks raise the curtain on excting plans live today". The only thing excting about this was that Disney is now starting it own Facebook and You Tube so it can use them in ads.

MrToad1

Complete and utter garbage. Making memories? More like ruining memories of visitors who instead of getting to see the the castle in all its splendor, has to witness a giant castle shaped projection screen filled with vacation photos of people they dont know or care about. Yipppeeeee what an amazing promotion. :brick: If anything is going to be done to the castle using projection, it should be something along the lines of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0XKmU5hF5s

mrpygmypuff

when I was young, looking at others vacation photos was a punishment.

Disney's thought process these day's: what's the cheapest thing we can come up with?

I know that I'm not going to make my tired family stand, in the hopes we might, MIGHT!!! see our photo.

What a joke!:hammer:

Cindy'sBruno

I know someone has probably already asked this already but is this whole castle thing going to last all day long???? If so...how could they do that to that beautiful Castle???? :cry:

mp2bill

You should not be the slightest bit surprised. They do these events all the time and not only does WDW rarely receive mention but almost nothing is ever revealed about anything that would remotely concern us. Like all of the events before it was underwhelming as expected.

Yep!

thelookingglass

I'd like to chime in that I agree with everyone else who thought that that press video was EXTREMELY awkward to watch. Tom Bergeron saying inappropriate things, being unprofessional, and interrupting constantly, presenting the research in which they basically concluded "it turns out people like taking vacations!", the lame song, Michael J. Fox (bless his heart), the fact that we watched for 45 minutes to find out about projecting pictures on the castle. Just, ugh, what a pile of fail. You could tell Tom Staggs was annoyed, and I don't blame him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom