New Disney Dream Job Contest!

XSTech

Original Poster
We weren't told that we had to keep it a secret last year, but I could see them doing that this year since they're starting with the Top 20 to the Top 10 and then announcing those on the web site in a few weeks.

The Top 20 won't be officially announced anywhere, as there is no voting to be done then... just phone interviews and such so that the judges can decide who the best Top 10 are.

Disneyfalcon

Yep I knew the top 20 wouldn't be announced but I was hoping people could toot their own horns so we'd know that the emails had gone out. And so we could be happy for them of course!

TAKitty

We weren't told that we had to keep it a secret last year, but I could see them doing that this year since they're starting with the Top 20 to the Top 10 and then announcing those on the web site in a few weeks.

The Top 20 won't be officially announced anywhere, as there is no voting to be done then... just phone interviews and such so that the judges can decide who the best Top 10 are.

Do you think they will email everyone who didn't make it too? I hate seeing Disney Destinations in my inbox and having it be a rejection email.

XSTech

Original Poster
It wouldn't surprise me if they sent out emails letting you know that you didn't make it once the Top 10 videos are added to the site. That way, they could also remind you to vote for your favorite at that point.

I'm pretty sure they only sent emails in the 2007 contest to the winners.

Getting the e-mail was a bit nerve-racking last year as it didn't come out and tell us that we were definitely winners, but rather potential winners pending eligibility verification. In this case, it'll be even more nerve-racking as there's another round of cuts before the Top 10 are announced.

I'd hate to make it to the Top 20 only to not make it to the Top 10... but it's a 50/50 chance at that point!

Disneyfalcon

I agree Ricky, it would be really hard to make it to the top 20 and then not make the next cut. I would guess they'll have people in the top 20 that they know are not going to make it. They just need extras to cover themselves in case some are actually deemed inelligible.

I wonder what kind of questions they'll ask the top 20?

loweyan

lol, I come back to the thread (after checking my inbox of course ;) ) to find all of you all worried! now you have me all riled up again lol!

I just hope we find out on time and it's not on the 10th or 11th or so that we are notified.

:king:
~Marcus

kennygman

Because this contest is being run so much differently than last year, I believe they'll ask the top 20 to keep it hush hush until the top 10 are formally announced on the site.

They'll probably ask more questions similar to the moms panel questions. More probing towards personality and how would you react to given situations. Because it is a phone interview, you should be quick to respond and no ummmms.

nibblesandbits

Because this contest is being run so much differently than last year, I believe they'll ask the top 20 to keep it hush hush until the top 10 are formally announced on the site.

They'll probably ask more questions similar to the moms panel questions. More probing towards personality and how would you react to given situations. Because it is a phone interview, you should be quick to respond and no ummmms.
any examples of questions? I didn't apply for the mom's panel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom